Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

426 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 6:53 AM by BOSNPM RSS
Voodoo55 Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 29, 2013 7:47 AM

Cross country strange occurence

On my daughters cross country team for high school there are 7-8 varsity girls

There is one girl in particular who has never been a finisher. She would usually come in about 7-8 girl for the team in the range of about 21-22 mins for a 5 k.  Now for the past 3 years it's always been this ways. Always struggling even through this summers training. Now all of sudden within the last 3 meets she gone from 7-8 girl coming in for the team to first on the team racking in 5k in the 19 min range. I mean within a month how does one improve so well. The whole team looks at it funny also and questions it.  When we would have a meet of day 250-300 girls she would  come in around 100 -150th now she's in the top 20? I mean more power to her but what could she be doing for such a drastic improvement in so little time?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points