The HTC One is HTC’s 2013 Android flagship, a hugely important device aiming to change the dynamics for HTC. To do that, the HTC One improves in four major areas – camera quality with a new BSI camera with optical image stabilization and UltraPixel technology, a premium metal unibody design, a new simplified HTC Sense Android experience and enhanced stereo sound. The HTC One also features a 4.7-inch 1080p full HD display and is powered by the Snapdragon 600, a quad-core chip, up to 40% more powerful than the Snapdragon S4 Pro.
As a multimedia superphone, the HTC One immerses yourself in richer movie watching and music listening experience with virtual surround sound. Have you thought of watching your favorite Blu-ray, DVD, HD movies and music on the Android phone where you go? And the following is the video/audio format for playback on offer:
“HTC One does not play MKV, AVI, MOV, MTS, M2TS, MKV, TiVo, WMV, MP4, videos…”
When HTC One refuses to play a video, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Unsupported video format (e.g. *.vob, *mkv format)
- Unsupported codec (e.g. AC3 surround audio)
- Huge file size (e.g. H.264 MP4 video over 4GB)
- Protections (e.g. iTunes videos, DVD, Blu-ray media)
In order to play all MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, VOB, M2TS videos on HTC One properly, you can convert videos for HTC One with Drorsoft All-in-One Blu-ray Ripper before transferring videos to HTC One. If you’re running Mac, use Drorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac instead. The guide below is written for you to convert and compress 1080p HD videos, DVDs and Blu-rays to HTC One.
Step 1: Click “Add Video” to load video source. The Drorsoft Blu-ray/DVD/Video to HTC One Converter supports video formats and codec like H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Xvid, TS, AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, TOD, M2TS, MTS, MOD, VOB, TiVo and some other codecs. Press “Load Disc” to import protected movie from DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
Step 2: Select output format for converting video to HTC One.
To convert video, DVD and Blu-ray for HTC One, click the dropdown list of “Format” and set a HTC One supported format. We recommend you to choose “General Video/HD Video > H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (.mp4)” as output format and custom the profile for HTC One by clicking “Settings” and set video/audio parameters:
Video Size: 1920 x 1080 pixels Video Bitrate: 2000K or 3000K Frame Rate: 29.97fps or 30fps
Audio Sample Rate: 44100 or 48000 Audio Bitrate: 128K or 160K
Click “Convert” button to start converting MKV, WMV, MP4, VOB, AVI videos, DVD and Blu-ray movies to HTC One. After conversion completes click the “Open” button to find the converted files. Now the converted videos can be put and played onto HTC One for entertainment.
Transfer/Put videos to HTC One
To put videos to HTC One, just
1. Connect HTC One to computer via USB cable, and you’ll receive a notification from the task bar of desktop that the USB is connected. Install the device as it instructed.
2. When the HTC One phone is connected as USB storage, the screen will indicate that USB storage is in use and you receive a notification.
3. Slide your fingers down, and touch Turn on USB Storage to confirm that you want to transfer videos/music to HTC One.
4. You can now copy videos back and forth. Just open Movies folder and copy videos to HTC One.