HTC One series represented by the HTC One X, One S and One V, the HTC One X is the flagship device with a 4.7-inch display, a quad-core processor and a thin body, while the One S has a similar camera but is a smaller, 4.3-inch Super AMOLED device fitting the mid range. The One V is the most affordable model coming with a 3.7-inch screen. All of them are skinned with the latest of HTC Sense, which is now much more lightweight.
We’ve got our hands on an HTC One X and found it severs as a good media player – Media on the HTC One X is a great experience. We’ve moaned about certain aspects of the music and video player before, and while they’ve not all been addressed, we’re still happy that they’ve at least been evolved. We’ll get a big problem out of the way first though: there’s no expandable memory card slot on offer here, with HTC ramming in 32GB of storage to compensate. This will probably be enough for most people, but there are those that really love to pack their devices with media, and hate the thought of having to pick and choose because of storage limitations. While there’s a wide range of format for playback on offer:
|HTC One X/S/V Supported video formats/file types|
|Supported Audio formats |
MP3, eAAC+, WMA, WAV
|Supported Video formats |
MP4, H.263, H.264, WMV
“HTC One X/S/V does not play MKV, AVI, MOV, MTS, M2TS, MKV, TiVo, WMV, MP4, videos…”
When HTC One X/S/V refuses to play a video, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Unsupported video format (e.g. *.vob format)
- Unsupported codec (e.g. AC3 surround audio)
- Huge file size (e.g. H.264 MP4 video over 4GB)
- High resolution (e.g. 1920×1080 full HD)
- Protections (e.g. iTunes videos, DVD, Blu-ray media)
In order to play all MKV, AVI, WMV, MP4, VOB, M2TS videos on HTC One X/S/V properly, you can convert videos for HTC One X/S/V with Drorsoft All-in-One Blu-ray Ripper before transferring videos to HTC One X/S/V. If you’re running Mac, use Drorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac instead. The guide below is written for you to convert and compress 1080p HD videos, DVDs and Blu-rays to HTC One X, as well as its little brothers HTC One S and V.
Step 1: Click “Add Video” to load video source. The Drorsoft Blu-ray/DVD/Video to HTC One X/S/V Converter supports video formats and codec like H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Xvid, TS, AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, TOD, M2TS, MTS, MOD, VOB, TiVo and some other codecs. Press “Load Disc” to import protected movie from DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
Step 2: Select output format for converting video to HTC One X/S/V.
To convert video, DVD and Blu-ray for HTC One X/S/V, click the dropdown list of “Format” and set a HTC One X/S/V supported format. We recommend you to choose “General Video/HD Video > H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (.mp4)” as output format and custom the profile for HTC One X/S/V by clicking “Settings” and set video/audio parameters.
Click “Convert” button to start converting MKV, WMV, MP4, VOB, AVI videos, DVD and Blu-ray movies to HTC One X/S/V. After conversion completes click the “Open” button to find the converted files. Now the converted videos can be put and played onto HTC One X/S/V for entertainment.
Transfer/Put videos to HTC One X/S/V
To put videos to HTC One X/S/V, just
1. Connect HTC One X/S/V to computer via USB cable, and you’ll receive a notification from the task bar of desktop that the USB is connected. Install the device as it instructed.
2. When the HTC One X/S/V phone is connected as USB storage, the screen will indicate that USB storage is in use and you receive a notification.
3. Slide your fingers down, and touch Turn on USB Storage to confirm that you want to transfer videos/music to HTC One X/S/V.
4. You can now copy videos back and forth. Just open Movies folder and copy videos to HTC One X/S/V.