Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

743 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2014 12:59 AM by JoaneEvans
Anokaflyer Rookie 1 posts since
Oct 6, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 6, 2013 11:23 PM

Marathon training

I need some real help with my training.  I have run two Marathons (4hr 01mn) and (3hr 56mn) and 3 or 4 half marathons.  Now during my training runs my legs don't want to run for more then 14 miles and start cramping up around 8 miles. I have my third marathon in two weeks and am I afraid I can't finish it. Anything I can do?

• JoaneEvans Amateur 15 posts since
    Nov 23, 2014
    1. Dec 5, 2014 12:33 AM (in response to Anokaflyer)
    Marathon training

HI check this cool  video to learn the secrets of the long run and magic mile pacing in marathon training. http://goo.gl/AGm8iH

• Imgellin Legend 515 posts since
    Jul 13, 2008
    2. Dec 5, 2014 1:00 PM (in response to JoaneEvans)
    Marathon training

Joane, I tried to play it, but there was nothing clickable on the page to start the video.

Paul

• Italiana6 Amateur 9 posts since
    Aug 14, 2014
    3. Dec 5, 2014 5:29 PM (in response to Imgellin)
    Marathon training

You might notice that everything this person posts is a link to a 'cool video.' I'd be careful about clinking those links.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,431 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    4. Dec 5, 2014 8:10 PM (in response to Italiana6)
    Marathon training

The site the links point to appears to be legitimate.  The organization looks like it is based in England.

"Triathlon Research’s Mission: An organization dedicated to comprehensive research, distillation, and distribution of the best information for the world of high performance Triathlon Training."

The site has articles from various well-known athletes: Jeff Galloway, Mark Allen, Bobby McGee.  It is unclear whether the information was posted with permission or not.  Also the writing is not the best -  the grammar tends to leave a little to be desired.

Len

• JoaneEvans Amateur 15 posts since
    Nov 23, 2014
    5. Dec 8, 2014 12:59 AM (in response to Anokaflyer)
    Marathon training

I'm sorry the last time I watched it It was still clickable I don't know what happened. I didn't mean to spam or something I just wanted to share Information I'm sorry.  I would lessen it or if you don't like I could just erase it Good Luck on your training Have a safe day

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...