Skip navigation

675 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 11:16 AM by futurelegend23 RSS
futurelegend23 Amateur 26 posts since
Dec 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 12, 2013 11:16 AM

Freshman Playing Varsity

I am a 5'10" point guard and weigh about 140 lbs. OK as I freshman I made the varsity team for my high school. I mostly made the team because I am one of the best defenders in the state and hustle every play(or at least I try to). I play about half of every game, so I am getting playing time. I have even started one game and always play at the end in close games. The problem is in in the first 4 games, I have not scored a single point. I have taken 4 shots TOTAL. I am not the greatest shooter, but I can knock down the 3 ball when open. 3 of my shots were 3 pointers, One of them I air balled(my first varsity shot, nerves I guess) and the other 2 were good shots within the offense that weer very makeable, but didn't go in. And the 4th one I had a nice drive, but got swatted by a center. I pass up a bunch of open looks to other teamates. Sometimes they have better shots than me, so that is good, but many times I had the best shot and passed it up to a teamate with not so good of a look. The bottom line is I am not shooting when I am open for a good look. I know that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. How can I get some confidence in shooting and scoring as a Freshman playing Varsity??

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...