Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

119 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2013 6:56 AM by justamaniac RSS
justamaniac Pro 136 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 30, 2013 6:56 AM

Doing a Half after a Full

It's been a while since I've posted, but after running the MCM in Oct I've comitted to running a HM in Clearwater FL on Jan 19. I kept up my running routines after the marathon, albeit to a lesser extent than prior to it, but I still got out there, if for no other reason than I like to run. Having lived up north for so long, the weather in FL has been a welcome change - and obviously the "running season" (if there is one) is kind of flip-flopped: now is the season to be running; before the hot and sultry summer hits.

My challenge however, has been to get the miles in to ensure that I run a good HM - I've got 3 weeks to go, and I've yet to get over 6 miles... but I've done a lot of 6 milers, so I think that I've got a good base going.  The next two weeks are going to be a big weeks before I give myself a week taper.

Is anybody out there is also running this HM?

-b

http://runningthrutime.blogspot.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...