Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

475 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 11:54 PM by Chuck1945 RSS
DeanerOH Amateur 18 posts since
Dec 30, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 5, 2014 2:47 PM

Bathroom Scales

Does anyone have a great scale they've used before?  Where did you get it? 

Feel free to make some suggestions.  I am looking for something that is going to be accurate.

Thanks in advance!

12/31/2013 - Started C25K - 243#

• JaneBrown4 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 25, 2012
    1. Jan 5, 2014 6:11 PM (in response to DeanerOH)
    Bathroom Scales

It's been my exprience that scales are NOT user-friendly! Stay away from them ... Just eat healthy, workout regularly, and go by how your clothes feel/fit. 

• Chuck1945 Amateur 10 posts since
    Nov 15, 2013
    2. Jan 5, 2014 11:54 PM (in response to DeanerOH)
    Bathroom Scales

We had an ordinary bathroom scale when I first started to get serious about eating right and losing weight. I found weighing myself once a week worked pretty well, usually first thing in the morning. I did notice that it was possible to weigh myself two or three times in a row and get different results though  

My wife has been a Weight Watcher participant off and on for many years and she got a digital read-out scale from WW a couple of years ago. That seems to be more accurate and will even give the same results two times in a row

There is definitely something to what JaneBrown4 says too, if you get too obsessed with a number, weight flucuations due to something as simple as more or less salt in a day's diet can appear to be derailing your progress. However when you need a size smaller clothes, you know you have made progress!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...