Skip navigation

791 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 9:29 PM by vipchenyingsoft RSS
vipchenyingsoft Pro 66 posts since
Dec 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2014 9:29 PM

Converting Canon 60D H.264 mov to ProRes 422 without file size problem

Converting Canon 60D H.264 mov to ProRes 422 without file size problem

I’m just getting used to the log & transfer. The Pro Res files are almost quadruple the size of the files that the canon 60D records onto the card. (I.e. a 4min clip= 1.54GB canon h264 vs. 4.85GB progress file. that seems extra huge for a 4min clip.) I downloaded the canon log & transfer FCP plug-in but am not sure if I have the best version because I don't see the preview window with all the in/out options. (Or maybe I cannot handle the complex steps.) I desperately need a wonderful tutorial to Convert Canon 60D H.264 to ProRes 422 without size enlargement.

I also try to convert 60D MOV to ProRes HQ, but the size is astounding to me. Some guy introduces me Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, which can help me easily transcode Canon 60D H.264 MOV to ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy, ProRes 4444 for FCP without file size enlargement and perceived image degradation.  In a word, I no longer must have to get several times the size to keep the quality. And I don't need to render the ProRes, then render the result again, and so on for more than 10 generations or so. In addition, I am going to buy a new camcorder, model EOS C300, which records video in MXF footage. And I am happy to know this program can handle almost all camera formats and common video formats, including AVCHD, MXF, Blu-ray/DVD, EVO, VDR, TiVo, etc.

Below is a step-by-step tutorial to transcode Canon 60D mov to ProRes 422 without file size problem. Let's take a look!

Coverting process:

Step1: Import or drag & drop 60D video

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load H.264 file. You can also directly drag files to the program. The program supports batch conversion and allows you capture images.

Step 2: Select ProRes 422 as export format

Click the "format" and choose the "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 HQ (*.mov)"

ProRes 422 HQ is recommended here for offering even greater headroom to preserve the quality of even the most demanding than ProRes 422. There are also ProRes LT and ProRes Proxy, but the images don't hold up if you intend to do any color correction or color grading; they may not even work at all for those uses.

Step 3: Preset to solve ProRes 422 file size problem

You can set the video size as you like. In general, you can keep the original file size and the video quality of output ProRes MOV will preserve almost the original video quality. And you also have alternative options to downsize video if necessary.

You can also set up video frame rate, video bitrates, audio tracks and other settings. Here take an example, for editing Canon 60D H.264 60P MOV in FCP flawlessly, the frame rate is recommended as 30P. (25P in PAL)

Step 4: Transcode Canon 60D to ProRes MOV

Click "Conversion" icon and Canon 60D mov to ProRes 422 conversion without file size problem will run at utralfast speed. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export ProRes MOV easily.  

Related Canon converter Articles

Import/Edit Canon HV30 1080i HDV in iMovie

turn Canon recordings into editable files in iMovie

importing Canon videos to Final Cut Pro (X)

Convert Canon Vixia HV30 1080i HDV to MOV

Transcode Canon videos quickly for editing in Final Cut Express

Export Movie from Final Cut Pro (FCP) to FLV

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...