Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

295 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2014 8:18 AM by Chuck1945 RSS
Chuck1945 Amateur 10 posts since
Nov 15, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 10, 2014 8:18 AM

RunKeeper woes

My son started using the iPhone RunKeeper app to record his bike rides and recommended it to me, Although I use an odometer on my bikes, I decided to try RunKeeper on my iPhone for running as well and have been using it since last August. However, since just after Christmas the app seems to be wonky. I have it set for autopause for when I am stopped at traffic lights waiting to cross a street and that works well. However, it has also started to random pause while I am running (maybe not really fast, but I AM moving forward...). The first run I did it with it after installing the latest upgrade earlier this week worked fine so I had hoped the problem was solved, but yesterday the gremlins returned. It began pausing when I reached 2 miles and effectively missed measuring about 1/4 mile of my run between the various pauses and me catching them and restarting the app.

Has anyone else using RunKeeper had issues? Alternatively are there other apps that any of you use that work for tracking runs?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...