Skip navigation

156 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2014 4:03 AM by sheerylyy RSS
sheerylyy Pro 136 posts since
Sep 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 19, 2014 4:03 AM

How to Convert Avid DNxHD Videos to Apple ProRes 422/4444 for FCP X on Mac?

"I have a 1080p24 video rendered out with the Avid DNxHD codec on a PC using Premiere. When I bring it over onto my Mac workstation that has FCP X and drag it onto a timeline the preview pane is just red with "Codec could not be opened".

I've successfully installed the Avid codecs and restarted the system so I'm not sure why it still won't load the file properly. The Avid codecs don't show up in the FCP X presets but I've checked that all the files are in /Library/QuickTime. Any help please?."

Final Cut Pro X is a follow-up to Final Cut Pro 7, software Apple released in 2009 as part of Final Cut Studio, which is new released with powerful new features like expanded ProRes codecs, improved speed/XML interchange/media management, etc and some time-saving improvements like automatic transfer, easy export, and so on. However, this new released FCP X can not support Avid DNxHD video format!

If you have some Avid DNxHD files, and wanna import to FCP X for editing, you need convert Avid DNxHD to Apple ProRes 422/ProRes 4444 (*.mov) for Final Cut Pro X on Mac. You may ask "How?" This article is going to tell you how to Convert Avid DNxHD to Final Cut Pro X on Mac by using the powerful UFUSoft HD Video Converter for Mac. The Avid DNxHD to FCP X Mac converter is a perfect program you can trust.

Now follow this guide to starting your Avid DNxHD files to Final Cut Pro X MOV conversion.

Step 1. Load Avid DNxHD videos to the UFUSoft HD Video Converter for Mac.

After copying Avid DNxHD videos to Apple hard drive, just run the UFUSoft HD Video Converter for Mac as the Avid DNxHD Converter, and click the Add button to load .Avid DNxHD videos.

Step 2. Choose MOV for FCP X on Mac OS X.

Click the Format option and choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov)/Apple ProRes 422(*mov) orHD Video > HD MOV Video (*.mov) as output video format. To get high quality video, you can adjust Profile Parameters by clicking Settings button and make sure the original option is used for the Bit rate option. The application will convert Avid DNxHD files to ProRes .mov or QuickTime .mov for FCP X on Mac.

Step 3. Convert Avid DNxHD files to Final Cut Pro X.

Click the convert button and the conversion from Avid DNxHD files to Apple compatible ProRes .mov or quicktime mov videos for Final Cut Pro X/FCP X starts immediately.

Tip:

This UFUSoft HD Video Converter for Mac can also let you convert Avid DNxHD files to MOV for editing in Final Cut Pro 7/6, Final Cut Express, imovie 8/9/11, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...