Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

478 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 6:42 AM by lenzlaw RSS
SarahLou93 Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 5, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 6, 2014 5:59 AM

Shoe problems

I got my current shoes a year ago and have been running off and on ever since. They're great for my over-pronating self, but.... I've lost 40 (almost 50 now) pounds since I first got them. Some of that weight came off in my feet. I now have to tighten my shoes so that they will stay on while I'm running, but yesterday I got a blister in between my toe and my arch. I don't have the money to buy a new pair of shoes and there's probably only 50 miles on them. Any suggestions on how to fix the blister issue?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,369 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 6, 2014 6:42 AM (in response to SarahLou93)
    Shoe problems

Thicker socks might help - I've known people to wear two pair of socks.  Thicker/aftermarket insoles could also help but you have to spend a little there (less than shoes but still not free).  Also there are a variety of lacing techniques that address various problems.  Google lacing running shoes and browse the results for anything that might help.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points