Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

9252 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:09 AM by Mike kM
Errn74 Rookie 1 posts since
Oct 28, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 24, 2014 2:26 AM

Holy Cow...I am so out of shape!!

Did W1D1 this morning. Holy bageesies am I out of shape. I feel great though. Glad I finally got my lazy self off of the "couch" and started. I have just recently turned 40 and really decided it was time to get in shape and stay that way. I haave generally been "skiiny fat" until I tunred 35 and started a more sedentary job. The last 5 years I have been a horrible eater. As in eating lots of candy, diet soda, waffles and nutella for breakfast every morning....when I say horrible eater, I mean horrible. Soooo...here I am. I hope this lasts and I have the will power to do the entire program, change my eating habits and become the new me!

• iamloved22 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 8, 2011
    1. Apr 30, 2014 4:01 AM (in response to Errn74)

Great Job! The first step is always the hardest!

• ysmarshall Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    2. Apr 30, 2014 6:07 AM (in response to Errn74)

I'm right there with you, except I have to get started again. Last night I did a10min fat blast workout on the xbox. I felt awkward and could barely keep up. I also just turned 40. I would really like a partner to hold each other accountable, because I'm not self motivated right now.

• MichelleDuggan1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 11, 2014
    3. Apr 30, 2014 8:50 AM (in response to Errn74)

Great job is getting started.  I agree that a workout partner is helpful.  I have one and I know most days I would not do anything without having someone to be accountable to.  Also, I downloaded an app for my phone "Cardio Trainer", did the free one.  It helps me keep track of activing/workouts and like seeing the "gold" sheild on phone so that I know I gotten enough workouts in.  (kind of like a gold star).  My eating habbit are horrible too.  Hoping with the summer I will get back on the bandwagon of eating better.  I feel better when I don't put garage in me.  Keep moving and congradulations on a new start!

• MarcellaAnthony Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 18, 2014
    4. May 7, 2014 8:17 AM (in response to ysmarshall)

Great job and I hope you found a partner. I have an xbox so let me know if you'd like to have another accountability partner.

• Mike kM Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 25, 2009
    5. May 15, 2014 10:09 AM (in response to Errn74)

I was at that point in Jan of this year. Was fed up for being so tired and unmotivated.  The one thing I did that I feel really helps is tracking your caloric intake. It seems painful at first but once you get a hang of it, it becomes very easy.  I use Fatsecret android app and website.  I do eat food that I probably shouldn't but I make sure I hold myself accountable and log it.  Before when I decided to eat something that wasn't "healthy" it usually spun out of control. But when I know I have to log it, I allow the minor indescretion but it typically doesn't spin out of control.  I'm down 30lbs since starting and my entire outlook has changed significantly for the better.

Good luck!

Mike

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...