Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

816 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2014 7:36 AM by Soxfancjc RSS
Soxfancjc Rookie 3 posts since
May 2, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

May 2, 2014 9:00 AM

Shin splints or stress fracture

I have had a pain that has felt like shin splints since February. The pain was like a tightness throughout both my shins and would usually go away after the warmup jog. Now the pain lasts during the workout and is in one spot on my left shin rather  than both of my entire shins. The pain begins as a sharp shooing like pain and turns into a throbbing pain. It occasionally hurts when I walk, walk down stairs, or am even just resting. If I touch the spot which is a little less than halfway up the inside of my shin I feel a sharp pain and then it turns into a throbbing pain. I have been able to push through the pain but I am not sure if I am causing more harm. I have been icing it a couple times a day for the last week and the pain has been consistent. Is this just bad shin splints or could it be a stress fracture?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points