Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

231 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 7, 2014 6:00 AM by lenzlaw
mrdavenport Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

May 6, 2014 11:28 AM

Type 2 Diabetic starting walk-run half-marathon program hitting lows

I am hoping that someone out there is a running type 2 diabetic so I can learn a little about what is best to do to combat the lows I'm experiencing in my longer, weekend runs.  I seem fine up to about 3 miles...and anything beyond that I'm dropping so low that it scares me to run on a trail/path where I may be more alone. 

The only thing I found that seemed to be a good play would have been Chocolate #9.....but, they told me they do not currently have any product that isn't beyond the indicated "best use by date" and I just can't go there. 

The sports drinks are all going to cause me to majorily spike and that is just as bad or worse than the lows. 

Help???

Thanks in advance for anything you can share.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...