Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

992 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2014 9:27 PM by FrenchFit
PaulP8247 Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 30, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

May 6, 2014 7:03 PM

REALLY stupid question...

This is very likely one of the dumbest questions I've ever asked...you've been warned.

Is it possible to pull a stomach muscle, if so, can it happen while running?  My abs feel like they were torn apart and have become increasingling more painful as the day has progressed.  I noticed that the pain started after a three mile run Saturday.  Yes, I'm in marginally crappy shape but have lost nearly 100 lbs and have been going to the gym regualrly (but not for the last week and a half).

Ok, please stop laughing now and share your thoughts.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,412 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. May 6, 2014 7:05 PM (in response to PaulP8247)

No reason why not. Google abdominal muscle pull.  There is also a possibility of a hernia.  Might be worth a doctor visit to be sure.

Len

• FrenchFit Rookie 3 posts since
    May 18, 2014
    2. May 18, 2014 9:27 PM (in response to PaulP8247)

Sure.  I did it jumping in an exercise class, took 2 months to fully heal.  You can get these little micro tears in the wall fairly easy, or it can be more serious.  Of course., it could be more serious issue for you than an abs tear, as the poster above suggests.  In my case running was no problem during recovery, it was everythings else that casued pain.  Have it checked out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...