Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

213 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2014 10:52 PM by runnergirl994 RSS
runnergirl994 Rookie 1 posts since
May 26, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

May 26, 2014 10:52 PM

How are my XC/Track times for a Freshman girl?

Hi, I'm a 15 yr old freshman girl, new to racing this fall (always was a pretty good distance runner, just was doing other sports). I was on Varsity track and cross country as a freshman, and earned my varsity letter in all my events except 800m. I was wondering, do you think my times show promise compared to other relatively good high school athletes? All of these are pretty recent except for the 5K, which I ran at the end of XC season.

800m-- 2:41 (this is my worst race)

1500m-- 5:08

3000m-- 11:38 (ran this at the beginning of track season, have a feeling I could do better)

5000m-- 20:36

I am going to be keeping up training during the summer with my team (probably 25+ miles a week), so I don't have any fears that I will get slower. Throughout the school year, I have gotten quite a bit faster, starting with a 26:29 5K and a 5:50 1500, so I think I still have a lot more improvement left in me...

So what do you think about the times? What times should I be aiming for sophomore year?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points