Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

154 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2014 5:58 AM by OxenTrot.com RSS
OxenTrot.com Rookie 3 posts since
Oct 29, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 27, 2014 5:58 AM

Running hashtag for the week #GelFlavor

In hopes of promoting more health and fitness on Twitter, and to unite fitness enthusiast everywhere, I have stolen a page from a certain late night talk show host and started a weekly #runninghashtag.

This week’s hastag is #GelFlavor.

One of the universal items that most endurance athletes have in their cabinet is the sports gel.  The gooey mass of thick syrup which we suck down every hard training day or major event.  Gone are the days where your choices were either plain or “berry.”  Now, there is an abundance of flavors to choose from, even a Peanut Butter one, which I still have not dared to try for fear of falling madly in love and eating them as my lunch every day.  Wait, I just found out that Gu makes a Chocolate Peanut Butter gel.  Oh crap on a cracker.

So, the simple question is, what flavor gel would you like to see?  Maybe you want something traditional, like a Tang flavor, or something more out there, like Snozbeers from Willie Wonka. Or, do you have a favorite you can’t live without.

As for me, think I would like to try

#GelFlavor - Turkey Dinner.  Get some turkey, a little cranberry and gravy.  Who doesn’t love a turkey dinner.

#GelFlavor - Cotton Candy.  Not saying it would be good, I just want  to see if I could handle the flavor halfway through my weekend long run.

Please feel free to head over to Twitter and add your insight into what Gel flavors you would love to see.  Or, which one’s are currently your favorite. Just add #GelFlavor to your tweet. If you don't have Twitter just add your insight below.

-Lance

Push the Limits My Friends, That's Where Life Begins.

Let's be social! Please visit:

My site www.oxentrot.com

My twitter twitter.com/oxentrot

My Instagram instagram.com/oxentrot

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points