Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

436 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 10:06 AM by ebop RSS
ebop Rookie 3 posts since
Jun 16, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 16, 2014 9:05 AM

change my run???

I'm 46 and have been running/joggin 3-5 miles 3 times a week for 23 years very consistently. For the last 10 months I've been jogging for 40 minutes (about 4.2 miles) up and down hills. I never go more than 2 monutes without going up a hill for at least 1-3 minutes--some are very steep but fairly short. Should I change my length as far as going less time and or just change the whole thing some? I fell like I get a lot out of the run as far as cardio. When I get done my HR is around 150-160 because of all the hills I guess. My HR usually goes back to 90-100 within a 2-3 minutes after stopping and walking and then 80-90 within 5 minutes of stopping running.

• shipo Legend 455 posts since
    Aug 9, 2013
    1. Jun 16, 2014 9:32 AM (in response to ebop)
    change my run???

I'm not sure what you're asking; do you have a goal in mind, and you're looking for some advice on the best way to achieve said goal? If not then just keep doing what you're doing.

• shipo Legend 455 posts since
    Aug 9, 2013
    3. Jun 16, 2014 9:44 AM (in response to ebop)
    change my run???

Sounds like you should just keep doing what you're doing.  Fact of life, some days are easy, some are hard, and some just flat out suck; even the best runners in the world have days they'd like to soon forget.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...