Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

358 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 18, 2014 7:23 AM by lenzlaw
JoannaMacCormac Rookie 2 posts since
Mar 9, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 17, 2014 8:42 AM

Having Trouble With Breathing?

I've been consistently running for the past 3-4 years or so.  This past spring I did a half marathon and have been doing 5k's in around 25:00.  I have been running actively 3-4 days per week, 3-5 miles each time.  However, in the past few weeks (especially during cross country practices and intervals) I have been unable to catch my breath, yet I don't feel tired.  I was doing fine earlier this year and was satisfied with my running, and I do not know what is happening for me to feel like all this progress has been for nothing? Any suggestions or breathing exercises or something so I can feel normal again?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,413 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 18, 2014 7:23 AM (in response to JoannaMacCormac)
    Having Trouble With Breathing?

It's possible you may have developed exercise-induced asthma, or you have allergies that are affecting your breathing.  One sign of this would be wheezing.  Try posting in The Med Tent.  There are a couple people responding post there who may be able to give you a better answer.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...