Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

631 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 15, 2007 10:16 AM by macd019 RSS
joedadd Pro 122 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 15, 2007 10:07 AM

ITBS and a half marathon in one month. Help

For the past 2 weeks, I've been experiencing weakness (causing a limp) and a bit of pain on the outside of my right knee when I get to about the 3 to 4 mile mark. I believe it is ITBS. It usually clears up the next day. I had a long run of 11 miles one month ago, followed by "long runs" of 6 miles the following 2 weeks. This past weekend, i could only complete 3 miles due to the ITBS. I really want to run my first half marathon (Philly) in one month (just to complete, not to compete). The course is said to be very flat. I feel I am aerobically fit enough to finish it but am concerned about my knee. Does one month give me enough time to recover and adequately prepare for the half marathon? Any ideas on treating between now and then?

Weight:

12/18/2011 - 280 LBS

10/2/2012 - 248 LBS

Short term goal - 10/31/2012 - 241 LBS

Intermediate Goal - 230 LBS by 12/31/2012

Long term goal - 190 LBS - Sometime in the distant future.

Running: Complete Broad Street Run May 2013

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...