Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

929 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2007 9:52 PM by Graciemygirl RSS
Graciemygirl Rookie 27 posts since
Apr 12, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 23, 2007 9:36 PM

getting back to it

I was training for Chicago and found out I was PG at the end of June.  I have a history of miscarriage and quit running on the spot.  Long story short, I lost this baby (as I expected I would) but it was a really complicated process and it took 2 months to resolve.

I am finally feeling physically able but having a hard time finding the will. I am disappointed that I will miss Chicago and I think it is affecting my mental outlook.

I really want to get out and run but I am just not motivated.  Any suggestions?  Anyone from Central WI out there who wants a running partner?  I need someone to drag me out of this funk!!

Angie Drew 
  • runs4fun Pro 169 posts since
    Aug 23, 2007
    1. Aug 24, 2007 1:45 PM (in response to Graciemygirl)
    Re: getting back to it

Try not to beat yourself up -- you've been through a trying emotional and physical loss.  Be nice to your body.  You might consider scheduling a target 5K or 10K fun run in a couple of months and then get yourself out the door with that training goal in mind.  Recognize that running is a great treatment for depression, but grief still needs to run it's course.  Best of luck to you -- go take a run on a course you've never run and see how many different things you can pick out (flowers, birds, beautiful things...) see if it doesn't spark a little bit of the joy of running for you again.  Janet

----

Treat the cause, not just the symptom... http://www.runningstrong.com[/URL" target="_blank">

• vermontjen Rookie 24 posts since
    Jul 25, 2006
    2. Aug 26, 2007 3:55 PM (in response to Graciemygirl)
    Re: getting back to it

It is amazing - you just put into words my own experience - my m/c was at end of May, and I have had weird cycle/bleeding/anemia issues that are just finally resolving.  I am also having a really TOUGH time getting motivated, and with some weigh gain occurring, I know I just need to kick myself out of it - it's a bad spiral.  Feel yucky, eat, don't want to run, feel yucky, eat....  I jumped on the board today, for the first time in a while, to get some motivation, and here's your post!

I wish I could tell you how to do it, but want you to know that you aren't alone out there. I am sorry for your m/c. It must be really hard to go through it again.

I'll watch the postings, maybe someone has some other suggestions too - the change of scenery idea sounds good. Sorry we don't live closer. Maybe we could each set an easy goal for the week and let each other know how it went?

Be Well-
    Jennifer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...