Skip navigation

2155 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2006 6:16 PM by mbegert RSS
duggar1 Expert 55 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 8, 2006 12:20 PM

Join in: Training partners in the Los Angeles, CA area

An invitation for triathlon training partners:

There is a small group of us who have met through postings here, as well as on Active.com and other triathlon related message boards who get together informally for running, cycling and swimming workouts (and twice for an ocean swim). We all enjoy training and find that the opportunity to train with others is very motivating and makes a positive difference in improving our conditioning.

Although most of our group rides and runs are in the South Bay and West LA areas, some of us are open to other venues.

I'm trying to get more people on our list so there are better chances of at least 2, 3 or 4 people getting together at the same time. There are mostly women but some men in our group, all living around the Los Angeles area. Some are beginners and some have been doing triathlons for 3 years. Several of us swim in the same Master's program.

We don't care how fast you are, we don't care how old you feel, we don't care if you only want to bike, but we do care about helping each other improve. And we all want to compete in triathlons. Some just want to finish, some dream of winning their age group.

I'm hoping to find people to train with at least once a week. But it's up to you and your busy schedule as to how often you make the effort to join us.

If anyone out there reading this would like to get on my email list for group training sessions including group rides, running, ocean swim practices, etc., just send me your email address. I also include other triathlon training related info such as recommendations on training materials, articles, books and web sites, info on Master's Swim programs, plus info on local triathlons (and aquathons), 5K/10K races, pier-to-pier ocean swims, etc.

Just to be clear, neither I nor any of our group are tri coaches, although we do share our accumulating knowledge with each other and discuss our training methods and ideas. This is not a club or anything you have to pay to be part of, just a very informal group of people who sometimes train together.

Email me at doug.cgs@verizon.net and I'll put you on my email list for up coming training sessions.

All are welcome to join the fun, no purchase required!

Doug

Redondo Beach, CA

doug.cgs@verizon.net

• sydtyl Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

hi, i am interested in starting to train for a triathelon. Which one are you training for? When are you all meeting?

• don-kga Amateur 13 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

I'm interested in training with your group. Where do you do your running workouts and how often? I'm planning on starting ocean swims in mid-April, and would be much more comfortable swimming in groups. Are you doing any ocean swims yet? (I'll send you an email also.)

Don

• benfesagaiga Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

interested in some ocean swims if you are doing any..I sent you an email. I'm in Carson.

• cmdede Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

I'm interested in joining your group for triathlon training. I ran my first marathon in 2004 but have not been running steadily for over a 1 1/2 yrs. but want to get back into training and doing a triathlon. I live in Santa Monica.

Thanks,

Connie

• mbegert Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

Doug,

Could you put me on your mailing list? I would like to try to make it to some of the group training. I am currently following a purchased training program from active.com designed by Gayle Bernhart (coach of the men's and women's olympic team) and it is a motivator, but the bike is my limiter and I would like to learn more and ride with a group.

I actively competed about 7 years ago, life got in the way and I started again last summer. I intended to do the Redondo Beach Tri, but had a significant bike crash and was too injured. I am sked for olympic tris on 23 July, 27 August and 24 September.

In responding similarly to the message query from Connie, I have a road bike and I have a wetsuit.

Thanks for continuing to organize. I live in the South Bay.

Matt

begert@law-west.org

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...