Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1209 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 28, 2010 1:22 PM by Melmb
joeyverville Amateur 61 posts since
Aug 31, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 26, 2007 10:19 PM

compression sock

I kept running through my PF (not because my podiatrist gave me the okay) because I'm a fairly new runner and not running was messing with my head. I was careful with the usual remedies and it went away but at the time of recover, developed pain and swelling in my ankle and in the top of my foot. During today's visit to the podiatrist, he suggested I switch from from naprosyn (Naproxen) to 800 mg ibuprofen (3x daily). He said the nap actually may cause swelling in some. He also gave me a compression sock. It feels wonderful. Anyone have a compression sock? Can you run in it? Do you sleep in it.
Thanks,
Joey

• Melmb Amateur 12 posts since
    Oct 2, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 28, 2010 1:22 PM (in response to joeyverville)
    Re: compression sock

Hi Joey,

It would depend on the level of compression, but you probably won't want to sleep in them. Medical compression sock in general will help reduce the swelling in your feet. If you are looking for everyday socks to keep the swelling down, you might want to check out SIGVARISUSA.com and look at all the products that are available. There are some nice cushioned cotten and dress socks available. 

If you want a compression sock that you can wear before, after and during your workout/run, check out the SIGVARIS Athletic Recovery Socks (www.AthleticRecoverySock.com). The socks are made by a medical compression company and offer several benefits including true graduated compression, as well as drirelease. The socks help improve circulation and flush out lactic acid build up.

Happy Running!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...