Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2991 Views 67 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2007 11:34 PM by Soundrunner RSS 1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
PBJ027 Pro 190 posts since
Aug 18, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 23, 2007 7:18 AM

Sunday September 23rd boomer runs

Oh come on...

I'm starting?

Okay.

I followed the schedule this morning. 28 miles in 3:45. 1:50 out, 1:55 back.

Then I mocked my daughter as she was waking up, and I was headed to breakfast.

"I ran farther than a marathon before you woke up."

She was not amused.  12 year olds are like that.

• Dark Horse Legend 1,684 posts since
    Oct 9, 2005
    1. Sep 23, 2007 7:49 AM (in response to PBJ027)
    Re: Sunday September 23rd boomer runs

PBJ, you are the Man.

I ran 6 miles on the treadmill this afternoon, 1% incline, at 8:58 mile pace.

Dark Horse

----

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course

• sfch Pro 79 posts since
    Jan 12, 2007
    2. Sep 23, 2007 7:59 AM (in response to PBJ027)

Near catastrophe today at about the 7 mile mark of a very hilly 8 miler.  I somehow managed to step into a hole right at the edge of the sidewalk and rolled my left ankle pretty badly.  No immediate sharp pain and I managed to make it home gingerly on the hurt ankle.  I went shopping with my wife and it wasn't bothering me but as soon as I got off of it this evening it really started to hurt.  I think it is just a sprain and I am telling myself it could have been worse.
    I am leaving Tuesday for a week in Seoul so I am going to take it easy and see what happens.  I am signed up for a HM in Nagasaki at the end of next month and I hope this doesn't sideline me.  Good runs to everyone today.

• Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    3. Sep 23, 2007 8:24 AM (in response to PBJ027)

PBJ – Yowza!

DH – looks like you’re coming back.

Sfch – ouch! Hope it mends quickly.

Erika – a week off running after 2 marathons in quick succession, the last one being a particularly brutal course, seems prudent to me. Hope life gets less busy for you.

Dg9 - hoping your LR goes well today.

8.1 Garmin less miles for me today. This bug I’ve been fighting for the last couple of days has manifested itself into a raw throat, cough, and the loss of my voice (I’m actually whispering this post), so I slept in a little too long for a long run.

My MIL is improving at an almost miraculous rate (mighty is the power of prayer). Thanks again for all the prayers and healing vibes sent her way.

----

Holly[/URL" target="_blank">

• ThunderBolter Pro 195 posts since
    Dec 16, 2005
    4. Dec 26, 2007 10:11 PM (in response to PBJ027)

Autumnal Equinox Greetings ~

>> 28 miles, PinBallJoe ? In 3:45 ?? By 7 a.m. ??? When did you get up ? Are your training for some sort of ultra ? The mind reels.

&gt;  Anywhat, piddly-yet-pleasant little <b>4</b>-miler along the shores of the slightly agitated Charles.<br /><br />&gt;&gt; Four letters, sfch:  R-I-C-E.   . . . .<br /><br />+ ! y o j n E

e k i M +<br /><br /> ^-^ ~ -  ~

http://interwovendesign.com/kick/userdisplay.php3?username=ThunderBolterThunderWho ?[/URL" target="_blank">

• Dark Horse Legend 1,684 posts since
    Oct 9, 2005
    6. Sep 23, 2007 8:43 AM (in response to PBJ027)

quote:

Originally posted by ThunderBolter:

And speaking of four letters, what does "sfch" stand for ?

My brain can't process unpronounceable handles, so it tries to convert them into words. I read "sfch" as "surfchick."

Dark Horse

----

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course

• sfch Pro 79 posts since
    Jan 12, 2007
    7. Dec 26, 2007 10:11 PM (in response to PBJ027)

quote:

Originally posted by ThunderBolter:

It's from my Army days.  Sergeant First Class H (first letter of my last name).

• Peter NC Legend 323 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    8. Sep 23, 2007 8:59 AM (in response to PBJ027)

Good morning all,

Nice run there PBJ...

Still no running for me yet but I'll start again this coming week.

Cycling for me this morning...15.96 miles of hills. I got a pretty good workout but I can't wait to get back to running.

Breakfast and then crawling under the car to do a water pump and belts and hoses this morning....it just too nice outside to be under a car this morning...

Good runs to all today.

----

Me [/URL" target="_blank"> - Saucony Hurricane 8/Asics GT-2100/New Balance766 - FR305
    My Log[/URL" target="_blank">

• hopeful4ever Legend 995 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Sep 23, 2007 9:26 AM (in response to PBJ027)

Wow PBJ - what a great way to start us off!!   I'm impressed - if that helps at all.

{{sfch}} Ow!@ Take care of that ankle!!

Holly - that is great news about your MIL. She is a strong lady and has such a great family to help her through this.
    Would you care to share your strength excercises with me? You can e-mail me: mkaiser at harborfront dot com Thanks!

4 recovery miles for me this morning at 10:15 pace. VERY cool morning - so I got to wear my new Oktoberfest long sleeve tech shirt. !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

Enjoy the day!

~Mary

• old guy015 Pro 62 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    10. Sep 23, 2007 9:27 AM (in response to PBJ027)

Good morning.

A marathon before 7am? I can't even imagine!

Off day for me today. I'm jumping in the Corvette and heading for CT to visit my brother. I'll run there tomorrow morning.

----

Growing Old is mandatory
    Growing UP is optional

• R K Tekt Amateur 51 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    11. Sep 23, 2007 9:35 AM (in response to PBJ027)

Good morning all!

8.5 miles in 1:04
    Met PacerChris at 5:40 this morning. We were planning to jump partway into a 20-miler today that 4 other guys were doing. I had been feeling some tightness under my left foot (PF?) since Air Force last weekend but thought it had run its course and I could handle 15 miles.

About 5 miles into the out-and-back course I had to bail on them and turn around. I felt some discomfort around 4 miles in but the further I went the more my foot tightened up. After turning around I went another 3 miles before slowing to a walk for a mile. I picked it up to cross a street and it didn't feel any worse than walking so I finished up the final 1.3 miles at a very easy pace.

I'll have to back off for a few more days. I don't want to jeopardize my chance to run Stone Steps in 4 weeks.

----

Mike[/URL" target="_blank">

• perchcreek Legend 821 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    12. Sep 23, 2007 9:42 AM (in response to PBJ027)

PBJ.. That is one helluva way to start us off! Impressive.. getting out at 3:30 (and I thought 15 mi before work was alot..wow)

<<<sarge's ankle>>>

Holly.. it is so common to get attacked by bugs right after a marathon. Get well soon!

5 Magical Healing Miles on soreness free, lead filled legs with Tory in 48:16 (9:40, AHR 145, 70F and muggy).
    My foot had no complaits after yesterday's 30K race !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Have greta runs!
    Steve

--

<br /><a href="http://interwovendesign.com/kick/userdisplay.php3?username=perchcreek" target="_blank">My Profile[/URL" target="_blank"><br /><br /><a href="http://www.highschoolrunner.com/article/0,7120,ss6-238-2635536-2-1-2,00.html" target="_blank">Water Running[/URL" target="_blank">

• fjordrunner Legend 306 posts since
    Jul 28, 2006
    13. Sep 23, 2007 10:09 AM (in response to PBJ027)

rest day today, but didn't have time to post yesterday's late afternoon run - 4 nice and slow easy miles with pelle and DH walking, AHR 119 and pace 14.26. no sproink left  after friday's run. crisp fall day in the methow - hard to believe it was summer a week ago.

glad to hear your MIL is doing so much better, holly! and i can't remember if i wrote it or just thought it, but claire is a lovely name, tomS - congratulations!

----

susan[/URL" target="_blank">

• rochrunner Legend 974 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    14. Sep 23, 2007 10:34 AM (in response to PBJ027)

Out at first light this very cool morning for 11 miles on the Clinton River Rail-Trail. I did it in about a 9:35 pace, but could tell that it was my first long run since the Crim of a month ago. Now I just need about one more of these before my HM at the end of October.

Glad to see others of you out there running today, too. Maybe there will even be some weekend RRs to read later today and tomorrow.

----

- Runnin' in Rochester

Rochrunner[/URL" target="_blank">

1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...