Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5533 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2007 7:05 PM by robintravers RSS 1 2 Previous Next
wa5yom Legend 342 posts since
Dec 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 6, 2007 1:19 PM

Calf cramps.....severe

Over that last 5 months (on 3 different occasions) I have woke up in the middle of the night with severe, debilitating left calf cramp.

The pain was worse than any cramp I have experienced during the tail end of a marathon. The pain was very severe.

The cramp would last in upwards to 30 seconds..but it seemed much longer.

The pain would linger....and I would hardly be able to go back to sleep awaiting another cramp.

The next day my calf would be very sore to the point that I would be limping around...it took almost a week to get over it...

The same thing happened early this past week.....the only difference was I recovered within a couple of days....

Has anyone experienced this?

Tim,
Ardmore, OK.

----

My Journal[/URL" target="_blank">
Boomer Photos[/URL" target="_blank">
2007 Boston Marathon Boomer Photos[/URL" target="_blank">
Running Quotes[/URL" target="_blank">
Dale's (dtoce) running tips[/URL" target="_blank">
Coolrunning Boomers and Beyond Wiki[/URL" target="_blank">

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This