Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2482 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2007 11:49 PM by Mc Bride 1 2 Previous Next
seemomgo Pro 164 posts since
Aug 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 14, 2007 6:24 PM

Brrrrrr...are we done yet? Denver HM RR

I have not warmed up yet.  Unlike Chigago, Denver had a nice cold snap just in time for the 2nd Denver Marathon and half marathon.  It wasn't so bad with just the cold....but it rained, and rained, and rained and rained some more.  Then the wind blew and blew and then it rained more!  I am chilled to the bone.  Temperature at the beginning of the race was 37.  It was also 37 at the end of the race. 

So, this was not my favorite run, but it was still great to get to experience it. I started out way too fast as always, but managed to get to mile 10 with my pace being about 9:30 per mile. At mile 10 I was so wet that I took my jacket off (big mistake) because it was so heavy with water. From mile 11 on I just wanted to be finished. I slowed way down...trying to get warm, speed up ...trying to get warm and finally just wishing the finish line would materialize!!! Once the run was over, I lost all dignity and started stripping wet clothes off before I even reached the car!

I am happy I ran, as I always look back and learn something from these runs...today's lesson: go out tomorrow and buy the best waterproof running jacket I can find!!!! Any suggestions?

One nice thing about the race today: Seeboygo worked a waterstation with some friends.  They too froze their tails off, but they really got to experience the behind the scenes of a marathon.  He thought the experience was great and is looking forward to manning another water station at a warmer race!!!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...