Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4367 Views 61 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2007 4:52 AM by Holly S. RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • Soundrunner Legend 408 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Dec 26, 2007 11:40 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)
    Re: Tue Dec 11 Boomer Runs

Pro, you and me both.  I ran between 3-5 miles several days a week for a dozen and a half years and was perfectly happy. What happened to me?    !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|border=0!

Wiped out today. I just want to go back to bed. I tried taking my heartrate before I got out of bed this a.m. per Ribs' suggestion and got 58. Doesn't seem right.

Debating whether to run today. I'm really afraid I'm losing the progress I've made toward a good marathon and feeling sorry for myself today. Last week was only 35 miles b/c of being sick. (whine, whine, sniff, sniff).

[http://This message has been edited by Soundrunner (edited Dec-11-2007).|http://This message has been edited by Soundrunner (edited Dec-11-2007).]

• eliz4015 Pro 219 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    46. Dec 11, 2007 5:57 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Choover - great pic.  Cute kiddo captured in a beautiful moment.  My niece just got back from Disney and she took a great pic of her almost-4-year-old daughter with Cinderella.  She's one hard to impress tough cookie of a little girl, but she's totally in awe of her favorite princess in this pic.  Disney magic is pretty amazing.

Orange - great job on the 8.5!

Easy 2 miles for me today in one of my favorite weather conditions: misty (easy to breathe) and dark (able to enjoy the every-growing number of beautiful Christmas lights in the neighborhood.) Almost balmy 44 degrees here in the Philly burbs.

Only 15 weeks and 1 run to go in the 10-miler plan! (Yikes!)

Eliz

• evryday Legend 309 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    47. Dec 11, 2007 6:11 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

NIce runs and stuff to all Booms!

Thought perhaps I may have to get my run today inside on the treadmill. But as luck would have it, the ice melted off (for the most part) and I got 4 easy mile outside. 10:30 pace 32F degrees. A bit of a wintery mix of light snow and drizzle but really nothing significant.

----

Stickin' it to the Man

Remember rule #6

My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">
    My running log[/URL" target="_blank">

• Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    48. Dec 11, 2007 6:33 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

quote:

Originally posted by evanflein:

I thought, yeah, well, you don't have a fussy-butt German perfectionist to deal with on a daily basis...

OMG - now I KNOW they're twins, separated at birth. Either that or cousins.

----

Holly[/URL" target="_blank">

• evanflein Legend 1,275 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    49. Dec 11, 2007 6:45 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)
  • Dark Horse Legend 1,684 posts since
    Oct 9, 2005
    50. Dec 11, 2007 7:10 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

5 miles on the treadmill, 1% incline, at 7:51 pace.

Had to limp the last half-mile: left knee area acted up. &lt;grrr&gt; It didn't seem to be my knee, exactlyrather just below the knee, on the inside of the leg. No idea what this thing is, which has tormented me for months.<br /><br />Dark Horse<br /><br />--

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course

• Currently Being Moderated
    51. Dec 11, 2007 7:19 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Just stopping in briefly to post today's run.

7 miles at 6 AM in the foggy, misty and frozen morning--20F. The run was zippy-52 minutes. It must have been my Teva trail/ice shoes. Love 'em and the gription is awesome. On the go since then and now in DC where I am chairing a conference for the next three days.

Sorry about the leg pain Dark Horse. You get going steady and then it seems to flare up on you.

When I "see" you all next time, I'll be in Ohio and Holly and I will have trotted around her running loop! Can't wait!

See you all next week some time.

CNYrunner

• tomwhite Legend 2,011 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    52. Dec 11, 2007 7:48 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

quote:

Originally posted by dg9:

{{{ }}} to assorted butts.

.....I dunno, this is just a Wonderful Way to put it......

----

...20min norditrak................hip is good, ''thinking'' about trying it out Sunday.....

.........the Other Side of my Brain
    is saying ''Are You OUT of Your Mind??''

........it oughta know.....

............good running guys........

• SMP Legend 1,297 posts since
    Sep 29, 2007
    53. Dec 11, 2007 8:24 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Here's a picture of my grandchild. We'll meet him or her in Feb. Can't seem to find batman rompers.

----

SteveP

• tomwhite Legend 2,011 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    54. Dec 26, 2007 11:40 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

......smp//........hey, he has your nose.....

don't expect much until they hit 10-weeks old,,,,,,,

........before that, they're kinda dull.........

trust me

[http://This message has been edited by tomwhite (edited Dec-11-2007).|http://This message has been edited by tomwhite (edited Dec-11-2007).]

• SMP Legend 1,297 posts since
    Sep 29, 2007
    55. Dec 26, 2007 11:40 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

quote:

Originally posted by tomwhite:

......smp//........hey, he has your nose.....

don't expect much until they hit 10-weeks old,,,,,,,

........before that, they're kinda dull.........

trust me

[http://This message has been edited by tomwhite (edited Dec-11-2007).|http://This message has been edited by tomwhite (edited Dec-11-2007).]

Though I bought a baby jogger last week....I may keep a low profile until it's house broken.

----

SteveP

• tallrunner Legend 573 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    56. Dec 11, 2007 8:50 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

Steve,

Wow, wonderful. Thanks for the pic

Very tough winter conditions today and I had to do 6X1K intervals plus warm up and cool down alone.

There was 6 inches of soft powder but the worst part is that there was the brown very light sludge that is the runners worst enemy. Really slippery stuff that makes you feel like your on an outdoor treadmill. Anyway, I posted a tip to others on what to focus on, on those tough days.

Awful driving conditions too...careful everyone
    tall

• dg9005 Legend 1,324 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    57. Dec 11, 2007 9:28 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

It's probably a little late for this, but Soundie, stay home!

thanks for the tips, Tall.

Stevep, he's precious. here...

tw... :-).     are you?

where's ekiM??

Tim. you know, on a TM that last half-mile is optional. it's not like you're stuck out in the frozen tundra. sheesh. nevertheless, {{{your knee}}}. could it be a medial coronary ligament tear?

I hope to see all of you on the other side.  If not,  well, I'm not sure what to say.  I guess I won't go there.  and anyway,  if you can't trust a big corporation, who can you trust??  ;-]

• Legend 532 posts since
    Jul 15, 2006
    58. Dec 11, 2007 10:05 PM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

4 TM miles for me in the hotel.  I'm in Madison, WI, and the weather has been wild.  3 TM M yesterday, all at 9:05 m/M and 0.05% incline.  I've seen runners on the sidewalks in full winter garbthese cheeseheads are tough.<br /><br />DH, get that pain looked atit doesn't seem to be going away on its own.

See you on the other side,

--

<br />Fortunatea volleyballer with a running problem
    Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• evanflein Legend 1,275 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    59. Dec 12, 2007 2:53 AM (in response to WillRunForBeer004)

4 miles on the treadmill in the hot hot hot stuffy old gym I go to. Wish the bigger, newer facilty was closer to home, but oh well. I lost almost 3 lbs in sweat in under 35 minutes. Amazing. Then some ab/core work. Planks till I got shakey.

Felt a weird pain in my hip... inside, and it went down the inside of my thigh to my knee. If I didn't know better (which I do), I'd say it's arthritis kicking up again. Might need to increase the glucosamine/MSM again. My mom and grandma both had both hips replaced. I am so hoping to avoid that fate... (I do know that outside hip pain is most likely bursitis, and if it's in the front it's most likely hip flexor. Inside hip pain is most likely osteoarthritis... per my mom... experienced arthritis/hip replacement sufferer and ANP in previous life). Rats.

----

evanflein[/URL" target="_blank">

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...