Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2949 Views 64 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2007 8:11 PM by loopy069 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jun 12, 2007 6:23 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)
    Re: Double Trouble 15K-30K

were you at French creek? i ran there this weekend and rolled my ankle passing a gaggle of mtn bikers who had no idea what to do. They went about 1/2 mile in 1 hour as i saw them again not too long after! I am going back out this sunday to french creek, but still up in the air about the race. I wore Ivy X poison ivy precontact solution and scrubbed with Tecnu and doused my shoes in rubbing alcohol. so far so good 

• quaker02 Rookie 59 posts since
    Sep 30, 2007
    17. Jun 14, 2007 11:10 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)

I have never run the DT before and I am signed up to do it this year...I am also a bit new to trail running...

I wanted to know if anyone recomends using hand held water bottles for the DT...I am thinking about getting a couple for the race...the last trail run I did was the wissahickon trail classic a few weeks back.  It was hot a humid and I was seriously dehydrated by the end...I am sure that it had an impact on my performance (my wife beat me for the first time ever)

• loopy069 Rookie 218 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    19. Jun 14, 2007 2:32 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

I did the double last year without a hand held and was OK, but like Rob said, it was on the cooler side. This year I plan to bring one along just to be safe. Also, if you like gatorade/sports drink, most of the stops were just plain water so you'll have to bring your own.

• Apple17 Rookie 193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    20. Jun 14, 2007 4:22 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Agreement with loopy.  Most of the stops are water and I use gaterade, especially in the heat. 

Robham, merigayle - I wasn't at French Creek, run the perkiomen trails and will probably do so this weekend. Usually I am out early enough to beat the bikers but last weekend I got out late.

Looking forward to doing one good last trail run before next week!!

merigayle, hope the ankle is good.

Aug 15, 2007
    21. Jun 14, 2007 4:41 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

oh ankle is fine! just a lil roll.

Perkiomen? Like the Perkiomen trail or something else?

Aug 15, 2007
    24. Jun 19, 2007 8:19 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)

I will not be able to make it this weekend. I did, however, do a 4+ hour run at French Creek this weekend and it was great!!!!!!!!! I am in love with the park 

• loopy069 Rookie 218 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    25. Jun 19, 2007 8:43 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Rob, thanks for the update on the course!

Merigayle, sorry you won't be able to make it, but glad you got to enjoy the park...

Rob and others, will see you this weekend!

• Apple17 Rookie 193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    26. Jun 20, 2007 2:16 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Rob - thanks for the update.  Wonder if Ron will try to make it more challenging since it looks like we will be using the new trail.  He hates to make things easier.

Didn't get a chance to run this past weekend. Son's graduation party was this weekend and I was very busy. Probably for the best, since I am rested for this weekend.

I ran roads this week. Thurs. were are leaving for Atlantic City and I will run the boards on Friday/Sat. I will try not to party too hard and be ready for the race Sunday. I am starting to get excited.

Meri - hope you end up going!! Yes it's the Perkiomen trails.

Since I am away I probably won't post until after the race.  Look forward to great event.  Doesn't look too hot!!

• Tim Fager Rookie 239 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    27. Jun 20, 2007 9:03 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Don't worry. Ron change the course so you can best bet you'll be running through bogs, jumping over logs, and climbing the steepest part of the hills. Wish I could do this one.

Aug 15, 2007
    29. Jun 22, 2007 8:35 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Do you know what trails the race will be held on and what part of the park?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...