Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2822 Views 64 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2007 8:11 PM by loopy069 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • jonbjoseph Rookie 27 posts since
    Nov 11, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    31. Jun 23, 2007 12:14 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)
    Re: Double Trouble 15K-30K

I preregistered for this run, but just recovered from a case of bronchitis.  Leave it to me to get bronchitis during June - one of the nicest months of the year to be outside!

Still, I'm leaning toward participating in this race. I would only do the 15k and walk the majority of the course. My original plan was to run the 30k, as a 'stepping stone' toward training for my first 50k.

I currently do my training trail runs in Marsh Creek, but would like to get familiar with the trails at French Creek and start to train there as well.

Rob, thanks for all the information you've provided on the course.

Take care,
    Jonathan

----

Every time I cross the finish line, I've beaten Crohn's Disease!

Everytime I cross the finish line, I've beaten Crohn's Disease

• quaker02 Rookie 59 posts since
    Sep 30, 2007
    32. Jun 24, 2007 2:06 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

That was fun.  I only did the 15k but it is a new long distance for me.  I keep on increasing and I am now looking forward to the half wit half...hopefully next year I can do the 30k

How did eveyone else enjoy the race?

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    33. Jun 24, 2007 2:21 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

i'm a dork. the race just really did not fit in to my training schedule and i have a big race next week. I ran at French Creek, but on the Hopewell Furnace side for my long run. It was a gorgeous day. I was with all of you in spirit 

• jonbjoseph Rookie 27 posts since
    Nov 11, 2007
    34. Jun 24, 2007 3:38 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

quote:

Originally posted by quaker02:

That was fun. I only did the 15k but it is a new long distance for me. I keep on increasing and I am now looking forward to the half wit half...hopefully next year I can do the 30k

How did eveyone else enjoy the race?

I also did the 15k and had a blast! The weather was just incredilby beautiful! I took it easy though, because I recently got over a nasty case of bronchitis. There were times, when I wished I could just keep on running forever, but the 30k would have been too much.

At about mile 2.5, I turned my right ankle and thought I might have to DNF, but there was hardly any discomfort and my ankle did fine. Near the very end, I managed to stub my toes, just as I exited the woods toward the finish line, but that seems okay too. Trail running shoes seem to really make a difference for me.

I'm also thinking of running the Half-Wit 1/2M and definitely want to do the 30k next year.

Hope everyone else took advantage of this beautiful day and had fun!
    Jonathan

----

Every time I cross the finish line, I've beaten Crohn's Disease!

Everytime I cross the finish line, I've beaten Crohn's Disease

Aug 15, 2007
    36. Jun 25, 2007 8:36 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)

I did the Lenape trail, Racoon trail and Mill Creek Trail. I did not make it Buzzards. I forgot my map at home and just ran the "loop" i concocted last week.

• loopy069 Rookie 218 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    37. Jun 25, 2007 8:46 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Hi all, I ran the 30k and it was definitely a great time!

Rob, it was great meeting you on the course! I ended up finishing in 2:35 for 11th place. So, definitely slowed down a bit in the 2nd loop, but I was still happy with my time. I posted my race report[/URL" target="_blank"> over in the run/race forum.

• jingchunyu Rookie 66 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    38. Jun 25, 2007 9:10 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)

I finished two loops in 3:40. I would have felt great
    but I had a fall and a cut on my lip. I am sort of scared
    in retrospect

Aug 15, 2007
    40. Jun 26, 2007 8:42 AM (in response to Rob Hamm)

someone in my running group who ran it said there was a runner who broke their ankle. any news on that?

trail running gets easier the more you do it. Your ankles become stronger and you learn to run better and more agile on the trails. French Creek is some of the more technical trails i run on, especially the sections that are all rocks. you did well.

Aug 15, 2007
    42. Jun 26, 2007 1:30 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Rob- i'd help you do a fatass there. I organized a midnight run in February and about 8 people from this board showed up  I was going to plan a summer midnight run at French Creek, but decided it was too technical and too easy to get lost in the dark. The trails are great in the day, but i did not want to have any liability or take any risks with people running them at night.

Aug 15, 2007
    43. Jun 26, 2007 1:32 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

Rob- i'd help you do a fatass there. I organized a midnight run in February and about 8 people from this board showed up  I was going to plan a summer midnight run at French Creek, but decided it was too technical and too easy to get lost in the dark. The trails are great in the day, but i did not want to have any liability or take any risks with people running them at night.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...