Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1235 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2007 1:11 PM by elaineVT RSS 1 2 Previous Next
triathletex1982 Rookie 21 posts since
Aug 27, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 20, 2007 2:28 PM

Jay Ultimate XC Challenge

Hey all,
Anyone considering this one? The deadline to register is July 1.  Looks pretty fun! I am going to be in New England that weekend anyways! Anyone done it before? Thoughts? KP

• RunLongVT Rookie 161 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Jun 20, 2007 3:09 PM (in response to triathletex1982)
    Re: Jay Ultimate XC Challenge

I'm signed up and looking forward to a loooong day on some very rough trails... and streams.... and a sand pit...

It will be my first Jay XC Challenge.

• Sherpa John Rookie 367 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Jun 20, 2007 5:40 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

quote:

Originally posted by ComebackTrail:

I live for this kind of stuff

Then you shoulda signed up for Pittsfield Peaks!

• grommit070 Rookie 882 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Jun 20, 2007 7:46 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

quote:

Originally posted by ComebackTrail:

Hey all,
    Anyone considering this one? The deadline to register is July 1. Looks pretty fun! I am going to be in New England that weekend anyways! Anyone done it before? Thoughts? KP

.... ran it last year, had a blast!..... your prep should include plenty of steep climbs/descents..... running streams, mud up to your knees, bit of bushwhacking, swamp up to your navel.... maybe some cigar-smoking deerflies/mosquitos.......

it's all good!

...... can't make it this year.... too close to the VT100..... however I have voluteered to mark the course...... the river part to be precise  ......

make sure you go back to the swimming hole the next day (if it's still on the course), this was the great activity on the sunday am..... organic blueberry picking is cool too..... best tasting blueberries on the planet!

you're gonna love it...... maybe even enough to consider Pittsfield next year.... now there's a really tough run......

grommit

• woodrunner Rookie 91 posts since
    Aug 11, 2006
    6. Jun 26, 2007 10:10 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

I'm on for this race too.  Dehydration almost kicked my butt on this course last year so i have to go back and redeem myself!  Well organized, very technical, probably going to be very hot and muddy again, but that makes it feel sooooo good when it's over!

• rolyone Rookie 1,084 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. Dec 27, 2007 1:21 AM (in response to triathletex1982)

Signed up today. DNS last year due to an injury.

Just hoping to finish this year.

roly

[http://This message has been edited by rolyone (edited Jun-27-2007).|http://This message has been edited by rolyone (edited Jun-27-2007).]

• ptex Rookie 24 posts since
    Apr 28, 2005
    8. Jul 2, 2007 10:14 AM (in response to triathletex1982)

I'm in for the half which I did last year and finished with a poor time. I was hoping to do the full this year but a nagging IT Band issues made the call for me oh well next year. Oh and I love this race.

• elaineVT Rookie 14 posts since
    Jan 6, 2004
    9. Jul 3, 2007 1:04 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

Hello to all, been a while!

I am in on Jay this year too.
    After a winter spent finishing nursing school (hey, i am an RN now toogolf-clap!!  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!  )anywayi am relatively train-less (is that a word?)<br /><br />Usually by this time of year I have had an entire winter and spring of training, 2 half-marys and a full (VCM), and last year even a 50k under my belt prior to Jay.<br />And last year was my worst time ever!!<br />So maybe my couch training will bring me a better race?<br /><br />This year (as always) will promise more course changeskeep yer heads up!

I'll see if I can't get Dan to poke his head in here to add his two cents in as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Oh--and I have also since moved to Jay, so the course is my playground. My dogs chased a bear as we ran down Uller's Dream (ski trail and part of the course) last week!

!http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

peace
    e

• Dan001 Amateur 44 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    10. Jul 3, 2007 1:48 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

It's all good

Dan

• rolyone Rookie 1,084 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    11. Jul 4, 2007 1:10 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

quote:

Originally posted by elaineVT:

Hello to all, been a while!

I am in on Jay this year too.

After a winter spent finishing nursing school (hey, i am an RN now toogolf-clap!!   !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!  )anywayi am relatively train-less (is that a word?)<br /><br />This year (as always) will promise more course changeskeep yer heads up!

I'll see if I can't get Dan to poke his head in here to add his two cents in as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Oh--and I have also since moved to Jay, so the course is my playground. My dogs chased a bear as we ran down Uller's Dream (ski trail and part of the course) last week!

Hi elaineVT,

Congrats on the RN, Good to see you'll be there again this year. I'm going to give Jay another go. No injuries thus far, and I'm in much better shape than last year so my chance are good at getting to the start line.

Hope to see you there.

Roly

• icwmm Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 4, 2007
    12. Jul 5, 2007 7:14 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

Hi, all,

I'm coming up by myself for the full and was hoping to split costs up with someone(s) for housing. I need a place to stay certainly for Friday night, but would consider staying Sat. night, too, since I'm guessing I'm going to be pretty blasted by the end.

I can be reached by phone at (603) 746-2127 or by email at chealy8234@aol.com

• elaineVT Rookie 14 posts since
    Jan 6, 2004
    13. Jul 5, 2007 9:59 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

quote:

Originally posted by rolyone:

Hi elaineVT,

Congrats on the RN, Good to see you'll be there again this year. I'm going to give Jay another go. No injuries thus far, and I'm in much better shape than last year so my chance are good at getting to the start line.

Hope to see you there.

Roly

Hi Roly!!

Can't wait to see you again.
    I am sorry that i have forgotten and have to ask--but what did you do to yourself and where on the course?

I sure hope you do make it to the start this year!

Stay WELL.

peace,
    e

• Dan001 Amateur 44 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    14. Jul 5, 2007 10:16 PM (in response to triathletex1982)

Here is an e-mail that I got a while back.Hope that will help

Dan
    Race Director

hey Dan- we have rented a family suite- last room acroos from lodge- if you know of anyopne needing a room fri/sat one or both willing to share space have extras bedroom- give them my cell# 603-767-5351 or email is unner.603@hotmail.com    how long by the way does it take to get up the mountain- we are pretty fast paced-fit and ready just trying to allot time to get to 18.5 in time? thanks Lea Gagnon   CANT WAIT!!!!!!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...