Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1637 Views 36 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2007 1:58 AM by StPauligirl RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
Steve K043 Rookie 91 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 17, 2007 11:53 AM

GOOD LUCK at TRT and Vermont

GOOD LUCK to all of you running either TRT or Vermont!! Hope all goes well.

Steve K

----

My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    1. Jul 17, 2007 2:32 PM (in response to Steve K043)
    Re: GOOD LUCK at TRT and Vermont

Good Luck Everyone!!!! I am uber jealous and up until last night was still trying to convince my husband i needed to run the VT100 (except that i have a full schedule of appts Fri and Sat.....)

Best of luck to all first timers and good luck to everyone else. Muddy, i hope the fires are not a concern.

• mudrunner040 Rookie 375 posts since
    May 27, 2004
    2. Jul 17, 2007 2:59 PM (in response to Steve K043)

quote:

Originally posted by merigayle:

Muddy, i hope the fires are not a concern.

Personally, it's the lightning that has me concerned...thanks for the well wishes, Steve & meri!

• timlooney019 Pro 354 posts since
    Nov 1, 2002
    3. Jul 17, 2007 3:32 PM (in response to Steve K043)

Go Muddy!  Who else from CR is running?  best of luck all!

• bcphillips029 Rookie 31 posts since
    Oct 31, 2006
    4. Jul 17, 2007 4:01 PM (in response to Steve K043)

Come on, Merigayle...you can reschedule those appts. 

Looking forward to VT this weekend. Weather looks okay right now (with maybe a passing shower or two (hopefully, no lightning)).

Thanks for the good wishes - this will be my first 100.  I can't believe it is time to run already.  I hope to see you on the other side.

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    5. Jul 17, 2007 4:03 PM (in response to Steve K043)

you've never met some of my patients. Someone sent me a nasty email because i was closed on the 4th of July!!!! Go figure!

Have a great race. I am so excited for everyone and very jealous. Though my time will come and i am not rushing off to that race 

• Sherpa John Rookie 367 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Jul 17, 2007 4:53 PM (in response to Steve K043)

I can't wait to lace up the shoes and run hard! LETS GO LETS GO!

I LOVE this stuff!

This will be my 2nd 100 Miler... Buckle or Bust! Don't call me "Tex"... call me CRAZY!

• rustyboy Rookie 112 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. Jul 17, 2007 5:23 PM (in response to Steve K043)

Go get 'em, everyone!

• mudrunner040 Rookie 375 posts since
    May 27, 2004
    8. Jul 17, 2007 5:53 PM (in response to Steve K043)

quote:

Originally posted by timlooney:

Go Muddy! Who else from CR is running? best of luck all!

Thanks Tim....how's the finger?

The only CR I know of is katie...she's doing the 50km, then she'll be crewing for Keith who switched from the 50 miler to the 100. With any luck, sierra & RocketPack will show up.

There will be a whole slew of us from Vancouver (7 runners & their SO/crew)...it oughta be quite the party.

• grommit070 Rookie 882 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Jul 17, 2007 7:51 PM (in response to Steve K043)

....and to quote Oscar Wilde " anticipation is 90% of all enjoyment"...... man I'm overdosing on  the enjoyment.... I think I need go for a

RUN

..... on another note: I tried to buy me some gaiters.... nothing to be had that might work like the Dirty Girl type.... will they be selling them somewhere near the race....? never really worried about this before, always sat down and emptied the shoooz.... but this might not be an option....+ he imagined+

Wooo there sherpie, should I mention that I was thinking of "drafting" you? but maybe not..... although I'd really like one of them metal thingies to hold my trousers up too..... have you... sort of got a plan?.... maybe you should send me an e-mail and we'll compare....

later

grommit

• jholtthief Rookie 111 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    10. Jul 17, 2007 8:55 PM (in response to Steve K043)

Headed to VT for round two! 24:36 there last year, and if I stay patient and run a relaxed, smart race, I oughtta be able to chop a pretty good chunk off this year. Last year I friggin SUFFERED during the last 20 due mainly to not getting enough calories earlier in the race. Think I learned a few things that'll help me this time.----Good race to all of you TRT people!--

John

Dec 14, 2007
    11. Jul 17, 2007 8:59 PM (in response to Steve K043)

grommie boy.. see me pre-race... I'll tickle yer funny bone fer sure.

• chriswile Rookie 29 posts since
    May 27, 2005
    12. Jul 17, 2007 9:32 PM (in response to Steve K043)

Good luck to all the VT 100 runners!!!  I will be there as a volunteer pacer.  I have done this for the past four years, last year for Dean K.  That was pretty cool.  I hope to see Sherpa John and Mudrunner. That would be very cool to finally meet you guys.  I will be waiting at 10 Bear (I'll just be running the last 30 miles) and hope to see you come through.  I am pacing a gentleman from W. Virginia who is looking to run 20 hours so it should be fast and fun.  Good Luck to all!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    13. Jul 17, 2007 9:35 PM (in response to Steve K043)

I should be at Silver Hill Meadow on Friday around NOON or earlier. Once I set up camp... the Team Sherpa Banner will also be up. Please come on over to say hi and hang out everyone! Its gonna be a great time!

• bcphillips029 Rookie 31 posts since
    Oct 31, 2006
    14. Jul 17, 2007 9:41 PM (in response to Steve K043)

Can't wait to see you at all at Silver Meadow.  I will also be arriving early afternoon.  Boy, do I want to run sub-24.  Sherpa, I hope to be on your heels.  This race is the only thing that is getting me through an unbearable work week.  Of course, all this work is helping to take the pressure off.  Hope you are all doing well...see you Friday!!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...