Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2370 Views 30 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2007 4:02 PM by AnthonyP085 RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
mudrunner040 Rookie 375 posts since
May 27, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 1, 2007 12:23 PM

Teton is on!

merigayle is looking good so far as she's averaging just over 4mph....at 9:32am she was at mile 14.5
Gilles is a few minutes behind her.

http://www.dreamchaserevents.com/gtr/[/URL" target="_blank">

• corrade Rookie 31 posts since
    Aug 18, 2007
    2. Dec 27, 2007 2:00 AM (in response to mudrunner040)
    Re: Teton is on!

Wow, watch 'em go!

Seems like storm is holding off on the Local Radar. I believe I see Sherpa John at the 25M aid station in 5:46, merigayle in 6:21, and Gilles close behind in 6:22. There's a tight race there in the 50.

[http://This message has been edited by corrade (edited Sep-01-2007).|http://This message has been edited by corrade (edited Sep-01-2007).]

Aug 18, 2007
    5. Sep 1, 2007 9:49 PM (in response to mudrunner040)

Great job guys, holy smokes ...

Sherpa closed 50M just under 13.  Merigayle is chugging along.  Wilkins is posted at 70 in 13:16, no one else is even posted past 50 right now.  I am a total spectator, but that's really moving' for 100M.  Incredible performance going on, coolrunners!

Aug 18, 2007
    6. Sep 2, 2007 9:21 AM (in response to mudrunner040)

Ohh no! Seems the new day has Sherpa John wandering onto some kind of Star Trek set.  Maybe the aliens got him on Fred's Mountain.  They post him at 80.6mi in 34:26.  In my time - space continuum it is only 25 hours or so since the race started.  I guess it gets pretty wierd out there after 75 miles or so.

• kateMD Rookie 122 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. Sep 2, 2007 10:39 AM (in response to mudrunner040)

Must have been in a worm hole.  Hope maybe it's a typo 24... not 34.

Merigayle is still on track!

How exciting. I was tired going to bed last night and couldn't imagine staying up all night running...after running all day. Will this ever seem possible?

Kate

----

My Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• Steve K043 Rookie 91 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Sep 2, 2007 10:44 AM (in response to mudrunner040)

Muddy, thanks for sharing the post. Looks like Sherpa John had an issue at about mile 75 mi or something is incorrect in his time @ mile 75 which is probably more likely.

Steve K

----

• Steve K043 Rookie 91 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Sep 2, 2007 12:44 PM (in response to mudrunner040)

Looks like they corrected Sherpa John's time. Now it looks more reasonable.

Steve K

----

Aug 18, 2007
    12. Sep 2, 2007 7:47 PM (in response to mudrunner040)

Congrats from a lurking trail runner, amazing to watch!  I can't imagine what all of you just accomplished, but totally drawn in on the web here. Merigayle, Sherpa John, other coolrunners - awesome job!

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    14. Sep 3, 2007 7:51 AM (in response to mudrunner040)

hi, just checking in before heading out to the airport. AnthonyP who sometimes posts here ran this race as his first 100 (he is insane, and totally kickass) he picked up a super pacer and passed me towards the end of the race for a strong finish. i am sure he will have one heck of a race report! his friend is also a super star. Us flatlanders did stick together for a while though. I will post a picture of the buckle when i get home, it is immense. i got an age group award as well which is really nice. My coach is the race director and it was a stellar event. I will work on the race report on the plane if i can stay awake. all i have to say is that the race shirt is a long sleeve smart wool and we each got injinji socks!!!! yipeee.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...