Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

555 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2007 11:47 AM by kentuckygent
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 9, 2007 12:32 PM

Illness

Just wondering about everyone else's area but I live in Delaware and last week my wife was very sick.  Then I was Ill then my daughter.  Now my daughter and myself are ill again and the school has sent home a paper about a flu pandemic going on.  I have not run in over a week and I was just wondering if the flu is hitting anywhere else in the world?

----

"You can have a victory without winning"

Please Read my eBlog
Click Here[/URL" target="_blank">

• mdmccat Expert 54 posts since
    Jul 6, 2005
    1. Feb 9, 2007 12:43 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Illness

I was sick for about a month starting right after christmas. It sucked. Go to the doctor, I wish I had...

----

Me[/URL" target="_blank">

• jkv135 Amateur 143 posts since
    Oct 11, 2005
    2. Feb 9, 2007 12:43 PM (in response to Guest )

you betcha.  9/16 kids out of my kid's daycare class yesterday - including mine.  Not fun.  We are near Chicago.

• SMP Legend 1,297 posts since
    Sep 29, 2007
    3. Feb 9, 2007 12:51 PM (in response to Guest )

I'm getting over some crud too. Today was the first run in over a week.

----

Blessings along the journey, SteveP

My User Profile[/URL" target="_blank">

• bjchiarelli Amateur 17 posts since
    Aug 9, 2004
    4. Feb 9, 2007 4:27 PM (in response to Guest )

I live in PA but race a lot in DE.  My husband was sick two weeks ago, my daughter had a bad cough then and it cleared up.  Monday she was sent home from KDG with a 102 fever, after motrin it spiked to 104.  A trip to the doctor brought back a quick culture for the flu as negative.  Her fever broke and she was fine all day Wednesday so after the culture report I sent her back to school Thursday.  Today I get a call from the DR that the extended culture showed that she did indeed have the flu and that she should not have returned to school.  I teach and I have had kids in and out for the past two weeks who probably should have been out like my daugther but no one tells you this, just take motrin, tylenol and over the counter cough medicine and you will be fine.  Sorry had to vent a little.

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Feb 13, 2007 7:37 AM (in response to Guest )

it got me last week jan and wandered it's way through the family. We're in chicago

• kentuckygent Rookie 7 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Feb 13, 2007 11:47 AM (in response to Guest )

Kentucky here, its making its way through the house for the second time since Jan.... Thinking of going visiting today so we can give it away and it will leave us alone.  J/K

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...