Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

873 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2007 11:02 AM by pmcneb RSS
rugby1080 Pro 171 posts since
Jul 27, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 4, 2007 11:16 AM

Workouts for Independence day.

My one year annaversary for running is today.  Celebrated by going for a 7.6 mile run.

When did you all start running?

Have an explosive 4 th.

Rugby

• pmcneb Community Moderator 582 posts since
    Jan 10, 2006
    1. Jul 4, 2007 1:23 PM (in response to rugby1080)
    Re: Workouts for Independence day.

Rugby, Doesn't that just make your chest swell with pride? To think what you have accomplished in one year?

Good work.

I wish I had made note of when I started to run successfully. I had so many false starts...I've been pretty consistent since my second daughter was a freshman in high school and took up cross country. It is the only sport where the parents have to be in shape too if you want to see your kid run. So that would be fall of 1996.

I still marvel when I cross a certain dam in our neighborhood. That was always my marker for if I could finish the 2 mile circuit that was my goal run when I started. Now it seems easy on most days but I think of it every time I go across it.

Enjoy the gift. Not everyone has the ability or stamina.

----

Patty

• ericd256 Legend 442 posts since
    Nov 30, 2007
    2. Jul 4, 2007 1:55 PM (in response to rugby1080)

18 miles on the cycle today

i  started on jan 3rd

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Jul 4, 2007 3:28 PM (in response to rugby1080)

4/3/05. First 1 mile. First 3.1 miles. Took about an hour. But I didn't stop once. Huge milestone.

Congrats Rugby1!

Family Forced rest day for me. Supposed to be 7mile run w/ speed intervals and I'm pushing it to tommorow. Walked in a parade, going to a festival, and gonig to fireworks. I will likely get about 8-10miles of walking in, have 6-7 so far

• RCL043 Pro 180 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Jul 4, 2007 3:34 PM (in response to rugby1080)

6.5 miles this morning. 

I started back running Nov. 29, 1987.

• pmcneb Community Moderator 582 posts since
    Jan 10, 2006
    5. Jul 5, 2007 11:02 AM (in response to rugby1080)

Managed to get 4 miles in. We didn't go til the afternoon. It was hot. Those hills that are normally not a big deal became really long and really big deals.

----

Patty

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...