Running & Sports
- Kids & Family
- Fitness & Health
The New Year is quickly approaching and its time to start getting our New Years Resolutions for 2008 together so we can kick them off on January 1. What are your resolutions for this year?
In 2008 I am going to....
1 - Get on a schedule for going to yoga classes (which will also help my back and allow me to be more active)
2 - Do one new thing (restaurant, sport, activity, museum, etc.) a month
3 - Run in at least 10 events for good causes
4 - Encourage my friends and family to get active with me
5 - Start bringing my lunch to work more often
6 - Cut back on eating fish tacos...I'm addicted and it is not okay to eat them as often as I do
So that is my list...the first two in bold are the most important to me and I will NOT flake on them.
This year I have a variety of goals to work toward. I prefer the word goal because it seems more ongoing or continuous than a resolution - which often fizzles before January is done. It also implies getting organized and having a plan. Anyway my goals are:
1. Loose 10 pounds by spring.
2. Walk my first half-marathon in the spring and possibly a second one in the fall. I'll try to enjoy several shorter events throughout the year. The important thing is to maintain the training through the year. I'll begin tonight with the Beavercreek Resolution Run (walking, of course).
3. Be able to participate in a 30 mile bike ride by late June. Biking is my weak area so this will be a real challenge.
4. Complete my Competent Leader and Competent Communicator awards (Toastmasters) by June.
5. Reorganize my life so that I can prepare healthy homecooked meals at least once a week. This will be big for me because I have relied so much on frozen dinners to get me through my busy weeks. I'm thinking vegetarian.
6. I like Sara's idea of doing something new each month. I'll have to think about that.
Cherry the walkin frog
My New Year's resolutions look similar!
Definitely get more yoga in!
I recently had acl surgery after a soccer injury so getting my knees back is at the top of the list
I am doing a great cleanse program called Isagenix, check it out www.michelemiller.isagenix.com
I kept off 28 pounds now for about a year and i didn't gain anything during the holidays!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!