Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2077 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2007 1:59 PM by Mc Bride RSS
Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
Nov 26, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 28, 2007 6:16 AM

Where have all the Boomers gone?

Haven't checked in with the site in a while? Wondering where all the Boomers have gone? Most became frustrated with the navigational difficulties andd loss of their running logs at Coolrunning after Active.com took over, and have moved on to other running sites. You can find the largest group at the masters forum at runningahead.com, which by the way has an awesome running log:

http://runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum

And some of the others are at the masters forum at Kickrunners.com:

http://www.kickrunners.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=34

If you're looking for a familiar face, or just want to join a wonderful group, come on over and take a dip. The water's fine.

• spankee Legend 414 posts since
    Nov 4, 2005
    1. Dec 28, 2007 8:40 AM (in response to Holly S.)
    Re: Where have all the Boomers gone?

Thanks  I have just joined the Kicks site.

It feels like someone has come in, torn down all the houses in the neighbourhood and put up lifeless condos behind a huge fence. Where once there was a vibrant community  full of laughter and support, there is nothing. The spirit of the old Boomer forum is gone. Not to mention the ease of access, the speed of the site etc... Hard not to figure out why no one is posting. I just signed up at Kicks and I did a little test. I could click post a reply and reply on Kicks before this forum would even load after clicking post a reply. Life is too short for this. I thought the transition concerns were much ado about nothing. Unfortuately I was wrong. Hope to see you over at the Kicks forum--there I am canalrunner. Stay safe. Happy running.

• maryt091 Pro 781 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Dec 30, 2007 11:40 AM (in response to spankee)

Personally, I had a lot of problems logging on and with the holidays, wouldn't have been posting as much anyway.  The log-in seems to be working well the last couple of days, so I hope folks will check in again come the new year and return to posting here rather than posting at multiple other sites. 

• Legend 1,827 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    3. Dec 30, 2007 1:59 PM (in response to maryt091)

Hmmm, there seems to be lots of room for expansion and redevelopment here.  I will declare myself the new Despot.

I plan to be a benevolent ruler.  All hail the mighty Crow!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...