Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3328 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2008 6:02 PM by PeotryInMotion
AnamCara3 Rookie 4 posts since
Jan 3, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 4, 2008 8:33 AM

Overpronators: Recommend Your Running Shoes?

I've been needing a new pair of sneakers and now that I've started to run, I want ones that are specifically meant for running, but I overpronate badly and would love some recommendations of shoes to help that. I also have flat feet but wear specially-made orthotics, so I don't think the shoe needs to have any kind of arch help. Can any fellow overpronators recommend a brand and model that works well for them? Thanks!

• Katt Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 26, 2008
    1. Jan 26, 2008 4:22 PM (in response to AnamCara3)
    Re: Overpronators: Recommend Your Running Shoes?

I am afraid I cannot recommend any specific brand myself, but I DO recommend finding a store that specializes in running shoes with knowledgeable staff. They can usually steer you in the right direction. I live 'near' a great store in VA (an hour away) where they video tape you running on a treadmill and show you the analysis and then recommend from what they have in stock, or will special order if needed.

Good luck!

• freezedriedhippi Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 4, 2007
    2. Mar 7, 2008 12:42 PM (in response to AnamCara3)

I really like the Adidas Trail Running shoe.  I've been running in them for 3 years now.  It gives me the flexibility and support I need for my flat feet.  It also has a narrower toe box which I like.  I tried a more expensive shoe/brand (Saucony) that was recommend for overpronators but the shoe was too stiff.   It was like running with a board strapped to the bottom of my foot.  I actually broke a bone in my foot running in them.  It was suggested to me by a marathon runner, if you are now running in a $40 pair of shoes don't go out and buy a $100 pair of shoes.  Let your feet gradually conform to the more stable shoe.  Buy the $60 pair.   Then the $80 pair, etc.  Good luck in finding your perfect brand!

• PeotryInMotion Rookie 6 posts since
    May 24, 2008
    3. Jul 26, 2008 6:02 PM (in response to AnamCara3)

Definitely go to a store that specializes in sports equipment and ask someone who works there to watch you walk, then they'll help find the best shoe for you. I used to overpronate myself.  I've been running in Mizunos Wave Creation's for about 3 years now. No trouble since I started. That doesn't mean try Mizuno's, (thpough they are wonderful) I'm just saying that finding the PERFECT shoe is worth it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...