Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

9297 Views 64 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2013 11:13 PM by JC2017 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • beachbum724 Pro 217 posts since
    Jan 2, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Jan 13, 2008 7:37 PM (in response to SlogOn)
    Re: Couch to 5k- Week 1, Week of January 6

Hi Slogon!  Welcome and congratulations for joining and starting the plan.  I'm right there with you, at 45 years old and at W2D2.  I'm quite possibly the most unathletic person ever, but have decided I'm doing this.  However long it takes me.  I am giving myself this first quarter of the year to learn to run.  Hoping to be completely addicted by summertime.  Good Luck tomorrow with your new beginning!  Post afterwards and let us all know how it went- we are all in this together!

THE ONLY THING THAT CAN STOP YOU IS YOU!

Started C25K the first time January 2008

Jingle Bell Run December 5, 2009 5K 40:15

Completed C25K January 3, 2010 running 3 miles in 39 minutes

started program again January 21,2012 on my own

Started with a local group in April 2012

Completed C25K with a local running group 6-8-12

Miles for Smiles 5K to be run on 6-15-12

• alcesalces Rookie 189 posts since
    Jan 4, 2008
    61. Jan 14, 2008 1:27 AM (in response to beachbum724)

Hey guys... just started a new thread, obviously entitled "Finishers". Thought we needed to move forward to week 2. I'm glad to hear everyone is still doing good. Lane, I'm still super sick, but I'm not missing my runs!!! I refuse to miss my runs, what's a little hacking and phlegm??? Tomorrow is W2D1 for me, and I am still being stubborn about running indoors, so tomorrow's high is 10, and I'll be out there! Welcome to all our new buds, and I know you guys will do great! Keep it up Finishers!!!

Drew

• Chiocciola Rookie 58 posts since
    Jan 13, 2008
    62. Jan 14, 2008 7:21 AM (in response to alcesalces)

Hi everyone,

I am starting the program today - hope it is not too late to join! I did some running last week but I think this will be a nice slow program for me. I am in decent shape but I have always hated running so I am hoping that by declaring my intentions here I will actually follow through! My goal is to do a 5K in a few months.

It was nice reading everyone's post, it made me feel more motivated. Especially those of you running outside in below freezing temperatures! I am sticking to the threadmill for now...

Have a good week!

• JC2017 Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 2, 2008
    63. May 4, 2013 10:47 PM (in response to dimpelz)

The most important thing is that you realize that you want to change and when you give ownership to that you'll  have an easier time getting the weight off. No one can make you do anything. You have to want it and if you want it bad enough, trust me you'll get it, I wish you the best, never give up that's my motto.

JC

• JC2017 Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 2, 2008
    64. May 4, 2013 11:13 PM (in response to alex246)
    Couch to 5k- Week 1, Week of January 6

You doing the right thing, you know your body and how much to push and hold back thats awesome. I always viewed it like this, when I was overweight it did not happen overnight so your wise to take it slow cause if you push too hard and get an injury thats a major set back and an easy way to pack on unwanted pounds.

JC

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...