Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2553 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2008 2:16 PM by JPGarland
Croydon Rookie 25 posts since
Sep 16, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2008 1:04 PM

Easy login to reply

• Right click on the "login to reply" button and select "Open in new tab" or "Open in new window".

• Sign in. Once you are signed in close the tab/window.

• Go to your original tab/window and reload it. (at the top menu select "view" then "reload" or "view" then "refresh")

• The button should change to "Reply"

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    1. Jan 9, 2008 9:19 PM (in response to Croydon)
    Re: Easy login to reply

Hey. This problem should have been fixed today so this workaround shouldn't be necessary. However, if you are still experiencing problems please let us know so we can fix it immediately. Thanks!

Sara

• Bodacious Pro 653 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    2. Jan 10, 2008 1:35 AM (in response to saraallent)

Thank you for fixing this Sara, for me the login process and having to search again for the post I wanted to reply to was the most frustrating issue. The fix you did worked like a dream for me.

Saying that tho, any hope for one day having a 'remember me' feature like the old coolrunning had?

Dream Big Always :)

• pinky Rookie 25 posts since
    Dec 19, 2007
    3. Jan 10, 2008 6:54 AM (in response to Bodacious)

Yippee!  It's so nice to be able to log in easily.  I think it will make me more likely to post.  The "remember me" would make it even better.

Oct 2, 2007
    4. Jan 10, 2008 9:21 AM (in response to pinky)

The 'remember me' option was brought up in a meeting, but I know there are a lot of features and upgrades that will have to come before that. It is definitely on our radar though. I'm glad the login issues are starting to clear up. Thanks for the feedback.

Sara

• JPGarland Legend 776 posts since
    Dec 7, 2007
    5. Jan 12, 2008 4:39 PM (in response to saraallent)

Could the log-in issue just get fixed already? You're past prioritizing.  You are in triage.  You're going to roll out "a lot of features and upgrades" and no one's going to be there to enjoy them.  You don't need upgrades -- I figured out how to embed videos accidentally on my own -- but the basics.  Easy log-in, easy navigation.

Log-in: Sometimes it takes me one try. More often it's taking three. Different computers, different operating systems, different ISPs (same browser). Others are complaining about far more significant problems.  It can't be brain surgery. Pick up the phone and find out how CoolRunning did it. Never a problem there.

People are trying to keep this thing alive, but you're not making it easy for us, and I'm not going to become an apologist for Active.

• spicegeek Community Moderator 2,563 posts since
    Jan 14, 2007
    6. Jan 20, 2008 7:07 PM (in response to JPGarland)

I agree 100% with JP - forget the bell and whistles - fix the freakin login - those of us sticking around and trying to keep this board going are only going to tolerate this for so long

To state again the issue - it seems that the forum hangs on to the login - in that there is a "welcome spicegeek" displayed at the top of the page - but the thread have  "login to reply" - no matter how many times I try to login when the board is in that state it either cycles back to the cool running login, jumps to the active login - whihc never works  - or spits out a CAS single sign on error - If I hit logout - even tho the system thinks I`m not logged in - I am able to log back in - usually at the first attempt -

Can you fix this issue - so you are either logged out ot logged in and not in limbo and can you extend the time out of logins so a session stays login for longer

NYC Marathon          Nov 1 2009     -   4:03:13 ( 9:17 mm )

NYC Half Marathon   Aug 16 2009   -   1:55:38 ( 8:49 mm )

1 mile -  7:07                             10K     - 52:58 ( 8:32 mm)

4 mile - 31:35 ( 7:53 mm)          8K      - 42:28 ( 8:32 mm)

15K -     1:22:02 ( 8:49 mm)

Find the Half Marathon Team on FACEBOOK

• GatorGirl71 Expert 598 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007
    7. Jan 21, 2008 10:03 PM (in response to Croydon)

logins seemed to be fixed last week and now new issues the last few days.

now when I hit "login to reply" it takes me to the active homepage. if I hit my browser's back arrow, I get to the correct login page and then it takes me to the thread where I wanted to post. But why this workaround?! most people wouldn't know to do that and then they have to go through a whole ordeal just to get logged in.

Melanie - mom to 3, WW member since April 2005, runner since July 2006. I lost 40 lbs and have been a Lifetime Member since 2007.

Oct 2, 2007
    8. Jan 25, 2008 12:37 PM (in response to GatorGirl71)

I forwarded all your feedback/descriptions of the issues to the programmers the other day. Thank you!

Sara

• JPGarland Legend 776 posts since
    Dec 7, 2007
    9. Jan 25, 2008 2:16 PM (in response to saraallent)

I'm still trying to figure why it almost always takes 3 tries to log-in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...