Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1716 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2008 5:03 PM by EIgirl
homeskoolyZ Rookie 62 posts since
Jan 11, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 16, 2008 10:49 AM

Suggestion and Questions

Suggestion:  Ditch avatars.  They don't contribute to the discussions.  They're somewhat juvenile in my opinion.  They're definitely distracting. 

Question:  What software package are you using for these forums?   Did you know PHPBB is free, and blows away whatever you're using.

Question for Dave Camire:  Are you happy with how the tranition's going so far?  

Thank you in advance for your reply.

• EIgirl Community Moderator 395 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Jan 31, 2008 5:03 PM (in response to homeskoolyZ)
    Re: Suggestion and Questions

I'll reply I guess.  I would rather have the e-mail, log in and log issues fixed that the avatars ditched.  Since no-one complains about them, I am not overly concerned.  I know the transition has been hard and I know there are a lot of us who really miss the folks who used to post frequently.  We have a choice.  We can try and make this our new place or we can move on.  I decided to stick around and I hope you will too.  If you decide to go, you will be missed, just like the others and, just like the others, if you come back, you will be welcomed (back). 

As an aside, I am a moderator and I appreciate the feedback that I need to respond more promptly to suggestions and concerns.  I moderate in Newbie and don't check the other forums as much.  Sorry about that.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...