Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

4923 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2009 9:55 AM by MelissaE
MelissaE Community Moderator 39 posts since
Jun 7, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 18, 2008 11:34 AM

Teas

I'm always looking for new teas to try. I just finished this tea review: http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/Nutrition_Battle_Zone__Tea_Review.htm.  Now I'm looking for some new favorite teas to try. Share a list of your favorite teas...

• livefree Pro 96 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Jan 20, 2008 11:20 PM (in response to MelissaE)
    Re: Teas

Two of my newest and favorite teas would have to be

1. White Pear tea by Revolution. White tea is supposedly the least processed of all teas. It has the most antioxidants. This tea has a little bit of pear slivers in the bag to give it a smooth mellow flavor.

2. Rooibos teas by Numi. These are organic herbal teas from South Africa. The leaves are picked from the rooibos (roo-EE-bose) plant that has a light woody taste and is accented by sweet honeybush. Green rooibos antioxidant activity surpasses even that of green tea!

• culinarydoctor Expert 77 posts since
    Oct 31, 2007
    2. Jan 31, 2008 8:45 AM (in response to livefree)

I really like Numi tea too.  The flowering teas look so cool.  One of my all-time favorite teas is Pu-erh Ginger tea by Rishi.  Fair trade / organic.  Very strong.

• moorerl Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    3. Jan 5, 2009 1:01 PM (in response to MelissaE)

My favorite tea right now is a 50/50 blend of Teavana's Rooibos Toffee and Almond Biscotti Black Teas.  Add just a little soy milk and it tastes like a sinful little treat!

• Mountain Living Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 17, 2008
    4. Jan 15, 2009 8:50 AM (in response to MelissaE)

This year I'm addicted to Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea.  Stash makes one but also some other more gourmet/organic companies.  I can't drink coffee so some caffine is welcome (although you can find a decaf Earl Grey)  but also bergamot oil seems to have some nice mood lifting benefits in the winter (I deal with SAD) and the flavor and aroma hits you kind of smokey and woody towards the back of the the throat.  Great with some milk of your choice and honey for a yummy treat.    Enjoy, Bianca

• cookingmonster Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 18, 2009
    5. Jan 18, 2009 2:42 PM (in response to MelissaE)

My personal favorite teas are an orange flower oolong, but a good one, not those cheap imitation ones that just use zest or orange flower extract.  I also like pretty much any rooibos tea, either plain or flavored ones. However, I'm not really a big fan of honey bush. But my absolute favorite tea is Gyokuro. It's the highest grade japanese green tea, and it has this wonderful crisp clean taste to it, I swear I must be addicted to the stuff (hehe).

I've been looking around for a really good tea place for a while, and recently I found this great little tea shop (or lounge as they call it) called 'Ku Day Ta". It easily my new favorite place to go for tea.  It's kinda hidden at the great mall (I know, good tea at the great mall? who woulda thought!?), but it's worth taking the time to find it.

Has anyone tried a well aged wenshang baochong?  I think the one I had was from...  like the early 80's? I loooooove it, but it's so expensive!  I wonder if anyone else has had a chance to try one, lemme know what you think!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...