Skip navigation

16862 Views 52 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2010 11:25 AM by E1vis RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • kmagaleski Legend 739 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jan 20, 2008 5:46 AM (in response to jerseywil)
    Re: This board sucks

Does anyone know how I stop the email notifications?  My in-box is swamped. I hit the button that says stop, but they keep coming.

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    16. Jan 20, 2008 5:58 AM (in response to kmagaleski)

Yes, Len answered this one for me earlier.  I was going crazy with 50 e-mails every hour...

The problem is, any thread that you viewed BEFORE you clicked stop e-mails will continue sending e-mails.  Open each thread that you've opened before and you'll see a "stop e-mails" choice in the little box to the left.  Click it for that thread and you won't get them anymore.  For that thread.  Therein lies the problem   Any thread you've read before you changed it, you'll keep getting them until you click for each thread, stop e-mails.

I hate this board.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,319 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    17. Jan 20, 2008 6:02 AM (in response to kmagaleski)

Don't forget to go to your profile, select "Edit preferences" and turn off everything in there.

Also change the view to FLAT if you want it to look like the MCM board.

Len

Aug 21, 2007
    18. Jan 20, 2008 6:18 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Len, you're a wealth of knowledge, as always. What about any way to change the font size while you're typing? I can't even see what I'm typing without reading glasses on (on top of my contacts...)

Also, is there a place to change the time zone? I've noticed everything is posted in Pacific time, at least on my computer. Two hours before my time and three hours before most of y'all's.

I repeat... I hate this board.

EDIT:  Never mind, found the time zones under preferences.

• Dave "Big Guy" M Pro 90 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    19. Jan 20, 2008 6:19 AM (in response to FormerBAM)

Hang in there Bam - we will all get used to it!

Take out your frustrations on a long run!

Jan 18, 2008
    20. Jan 20, 2008 6:31 AM (in response to FormerBAM)

OK, I just sent them email about the fonts.  I also mentioned the way it locks up sometimes when you try to reply, that I have to add an extra return to keep my post from being inside the quoted part, and I tried to change to 50 items per page but it doesn't stick.

Len

Jan 18, 2008
    21. Jan 20, 2008 6:34 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Otherwise my biggest problem is all the extra information on the page.  With the old board, It was just the board.  On the other hand it can be an advantage because sometimes those links lead to interesting discussions.

Oh, yeah, the avatars are a little distorted.  I really look like a fireplug in mine.

Len

Aug 21, 2007
    22. Jan 20, 2008 6:36 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Thanks, Dave.  That's just what I intend to do this afternoon, run 15 miles and forget about the annoyances of this board:)  And life in general...

Len, let me know if they respond on the font question.  And yeah, you do kind of look like you're three feet tall and three feet wide in your avatar.  How difficult could it be to make them look "normal"??  Apparently very difficult.

Jan 18, 2008
    23. Jan 20, 2008 6:42 AM (in response to FormerBAM)

Others may have found this one. If you click on the "x minutes ago" link under "Last Post", it takes you directly to the end of the thread, i.e., the last post.

Len

• Dave "Big Guy" M Pro 90 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    24. Jan 20, 2008 6:57 AM (in response to jerseywil)

I keep getting an error everytime I try to upload my image - what am I missing?

(I go under edit profile and add image and I point to my pic and click save but every time it tells me there is an error.  I have tried saving it in different formats to no avail...what is the trick>?

• kmagaleski Legend 739 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    25. Jan 20, 2008 7:07 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Len, thanks- I never even checked out my preferences. I wonder how long that will take. Thanks- again!

Jan 18, 2008
    26. Jan 20, 2008 7:09 AM (in response to Dave "Big Guy" M)

For the avatar: go to your profile, click the "Account" tab and select "Change avatar" under "Actions" on the left.

Len

• x_39_and_holding_x We're Not Worthy 2,974 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    27. Jan 20, 2008 7:25 AM (in response to Dave "Big Guy" M)

Dave "Big Guy" M wrote:

I keep getting an error everytime I try to upload my image - what am I missing?

(I go under edit profile and add image and I point to my pic and click save but every time it tells me there is an error. I have tried saving it in different formats to no avail...what is the trick>?

How big is the image, Dave? It's possible it exceeds some weird limit they have.

Obsessed with running and racing. It's all about the bling, baby! Suck it up and RUN!
  • dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    28. Jan 20, 2008 8:11 AM (in response to KarlD_Navy84)

I finally got back on.  It's been a real effort.  I still haven't sorted out the password problems, but I've email them so hopefully I hear something and it can be sorted out.  I hate this board, but I guess I have to get used to it.  I'm so glad I see all of you are still here.  I'm now going to read all the posts I've missed, but when I saw this thread I had to answer immediately. 

• x_39_and_holding_x We're Not Worthy 2,974 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    29. Jan 20, 2008 8:14 AM (in response to dutch omi)

Omi! We're glad you're here! Welcome to the new and vastly unimproved format.

Obsessed with running and racing. It's all about the bling, baby! Suck it up and RUN!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...