Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1935 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2008 9:36 AM by MissPratt
bruncle Legend 725 posts since
Sep 26, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 28, 2008 6:25 AM

Winter training

poke How's everyone's winter training going? I say winter because I'm in Germany at the moment:)  I'm really happy with how my training's been going this year. I've been focusing on consistency, getting out there every day, and it's paying dividends:) I've done 4 weeks of 50-70mpw, and in 4 days I'm hitting the slopes for 3 weeks of XC skiing:) Can't wait.

• Bugmenot1 Rookie 12 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    1. Jan 29, 2008 3:13 PM (in response to bruncle)
    Re: Winter training

Checking this site for the first time in weeks. Forgot my old account email/password (Bugmenot , I think they added some #s to it).

Good to see you bruncle. Pretty much everyone has left.

My winter training is going good, hoping to break 4:10 this outdoor season.

• Bugmenot1 Rookie 12 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    3. Jan 31, 2008 7:19 PM (in response to bruncle)

Yea, the link stopped working 1-2 months ago :(. It was working fine when it was first posted in October/November? But when I checked it sometime in December to read it, it was gone.

I think you can find a lot of people on here on dyestat though.

Anyone running indoor by the way?

• Cully092 Legend 373 posts since
    Jul 4, 2002
    4. Feb 3, 2008 2:00 PM (in response to Bugmenot1)

if i can find where my copy of it went ill try and upload it for you..

• MissPratt Rookie 52 posts since
    Jan 21, 2007
    5. Feb 4, 2008 9:36 AM (in response to bruncle)

Going well.  Training for Boston.  Weather has been off & on.  For me it's the toughest season to stay right on track, you have to dig deep for the motivation at times, I don't feel the majority of runs are fun, enjoyable, or 'great' as I do in the Spring & Fall.  BUT, I feel much stronger (mentally & physically) after every workout because I know how much discipline it took for me to do it.  And I know from experience - you get what you put in ... if I want to love my Spring running - I need to do my homework now!  It's worth it to me!  Keep it up!  Conquer the cold!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...