Skip navigation

2146 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2008 10:00 AM by billprice005 RSS
lulusweetie13 Rookie 3 posts since
Feb 1, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 1, 2008 7:44 PM

Tampa Bay Triathalon

Hello all,

I am interested in getting a group (or at least a training buddy) together for some upcoming athalons.  If you're interested please let me know.  Someone that's done a few before would be most benefical.

Thanks!!

have a GREAT run!!

• adambrown2009 Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 2, 2007
    1. Feb 4, 2008 9:36 PM (in response to lulusweetie13)
    Re: Tampa Bay Triathalon

I saw you on the last page...you should check out the Chilly Willy Duathlon. It is coming up in 2 weeks in Fort DeSoto...

• Vicky Eydelberg Amateur 16 posts since
    May 4, 2007
    2. Feb 4, 2008 9:58 PM (in response to adambrown2009)
  • LadyTri Expert 36 posts since
    Jun 9, 2008
    3. Jul 15, 2008 11:05 AM (in response to lulusweetie13)

Hi lulusweetie13.  I also live in the Tampa Bay area (South Tampa to be exact).  I've been training for a couple months now, and was suppose to compete in my first tri this past weekend (6/13)-Morton Plant Mease in Clearwater, however it got cancelled due to weather that morning....bummer!!  I was so ******!  So, back to training, I have a couple races coming up.  Are you signed up for any tri's?  I usually train at the YMCA on Himes (great spinning classes) and swim at the local city pool Bobby Hicks. And whenever weather permits I force myself to train outside to get ready for the heat!  Let me know what your routine is...

By the way, I'm Meghann and 23 yrs old. 

• billprice005 Pro 75 posts since
    Dec 8, 2007
    4. Aug 26, 2008 10:00 AM (in response to lulusweetie13)

Hey lulusweetie13,

This is my first year of doing triatlons.  I've done two of the Buttar "My First Triathlons" and the Publix event in Englewood.   I plan to do the Suncoast Tri in Oct.

I'm always interested in meeting and training with new people.  I live in North Tampa and work on Macdill.  One of the guys I met at the Publix event recommended Spinning and I've started taking a Spinning class here on Macdill.  The base pool here closes after Labor Day so I'll probably start swimming at the New Tampa YMCA.  I've been told and read that trail riding is the best biking you can do so I try to trail ride a couple of times a month.  In fact, I hope to meet a friend at Alafia State Park this afternoon.  Let me know

Bill

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...