Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1577 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2008 3:35 PM by Jay Silvio
Ohmrey Rookie 2 posts since
Feb 12, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2008 9:30 AM

Anybody could pitch in

I am a 36 year old man who is going to turn 37 a day after the 2008 LA marathon. My intention is this, I would like to make a goal for myself that before I turn 40, I must be able to break my 4:54:57 from last year LA marathon. I would like to reach (or break) at least 3:00:00 hour time for the next coming 2 LA marathons. Therefore, I am asking anyone here in this site who is willing to help me to get train and find the closest running team that I can count on. Please, your advice and feedback is really important and greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to hear from you runner geeks. Ciao, Romeo : h)

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Feb 12, 2008 9:57 AM (in response to Ohmrey)
    Re: Anybody could pitch in

Welcome to active.com!  It's great that you are planning to run more marathons and want to improve your time from last year.  You should give us some information about your current training and also let us know where you live if you are looking for advise regarding running clubs.  I don't want to discourage you, but going from your current marathon time down to 3 hours means dropping your pace from 11:15 per mile to under 7 minute miles.  That may not be something that is realistic for this year.  Maybe you could break it down into shorter term goals.

Good luck!

Jay

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Feb 12, 2008 3:35 PM (in response to Ohmrey)
    Re: Anybody could pitch in

I like Runner's World magazine's Smart Coach program.  I'm sure there is a link to it on their homepage: www.runnersworld.com

I live in Maryland, so I'm not going to be much help with Long Beach running clubs.  I imagine a google search should be able to pick up something that suits you.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck!

Jay

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...