Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1543 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2008 7:32 PM by Dredog RSS
Terry4X4 Community Moderator 207 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2008 2:13 PM

2/12/08  Just What I Needed

Now I'm feeling a bit guilty as I think I'm back on track.  With Jen recovering from pneumonia, Jay rehabbing his knee, and we haven't heard from Dave in what two weeks?  Lisa was sick after vacation, and Andrea also has a sore knee.  But today was exactly what I needed to feel good about my training again.  I'm not sure what was better, the run or the weather.  It was a warm 67F and clear blue skies.  It was a comfortable 6 miles.  I didn't want to push it as I wanted it to feel good.  Tomorrow should be the real test on back to back days as an 8 miler is scheduled.

• jenhirr Legend 314 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Feb 12, 2008 2:53 PM (in response to Terry4X4)
    Re: 2/12/08 Just What I Needed

Yeah, where the heck is dave?  Don't feel guilty Terry, Be happy!

After a chest x-ray, three shots, a prescription for another anti-biotic and some anti-inflamatories and four dozen roses from my hubby I should be all set for this weekend.  I'll do some more low-key spinning and maybe some treadmill walking but I'm planning on a Saurday run.  But I wonder,  What shall I attempt after two weeks of no running?  What are your thoughts?

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Feb 12, 2008 3:53 PM (in response to Terry4X4)

I got my knee x-rayed this morning and will take the films with me on Monday (although I know it's not a bone issue).  I put in 90 minutes on my bike trainer this afternoon.  I was able to do some very short jogs (maybe 50 meters) without pain yesterday and may try an easy run on Friday.  If it hurts, at least I'll be able to better describe the pain to the orthopedist...

Oh yeah, I also voted today.

• Dredog Pro 76 posts since
    Jan 12, 2008
    4. Feb 12, 2008 8:40 PM (in response to Terry4X4)

Yay!!!!  Glad to hear you are back at it!!!!  Isnt the weather great on this side of the country?  I got some running time in yesterday at a warm 75 degrees!  NIce....  Jen-chest xray?  Jay-knee xray?  Geez, hope all gets better with you two soon!  I wont be getting in any runs until Thursday or Friday due to work...but I hope the rest of you have a great week and take it easy getting back into the swing of things!!! 

Jul 9, 2007
    5. Feb 13, 2008 4:21 AM (in response to Dredog)
    Dredog wrote:

take it easy getting back into the swing of things!!! 

Huh?  What does "take it easy" mean?

• jenhirr Legend 314 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    6. Feb 13, 2008 7:30 AM (in response to Jay Silvio)

Jay comes from the school of thought where "take it easy" means running his 20 miles at 10 second per mile slower than usual pace.     Now, I have been taking it easy.  Almost nothing, and I can't stand it!!

I'm glad you guys and gals are so tough.  Can I be like you when I grow up?

what's on the schedule for today?

Jul 9, 2007
    7. Feb 13, 2008 8:24 AM (in response to jenhirr)

Today was supposed to be a tempo run.  Since I can't do that I am going to try for 2 elliptical sessions (I've done the morning one and will try to put in another this afternoon).

• Dredog Pro 76 posts since
    Jan 12, 2008
    8. Feb 13, 2008 7:32 PM (in response to Jay Silvio)

Jen's right, how do you do it Jay?  And still post great conversations with us every night?  Is the laptop zip tied to the elliptical or what?  YOU ROCK!  How Terry today...I'll have to see if he posted...  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...