Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2317 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 18, 2008 6:53 AM by gunner65 RSS
is missing Rookie 1 posts since
Feb 17, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 17, 2008 9:46 PM

new but not in bad shape

Hi, I'm new to these forums. I'm also pretty new to running as a sport itself. I'm 20, I'm in pretty decent shape and I want to really focus on training for time and distance. I've seen a lot of people mention the "couch to 5k" training program, but I'm very confident that I can already run flat-out for three miles. I'm hoping someone can recomend a more rigorous training program? Or just tips in general?

Also I should probably note that I've never done and serious daily running before, so I'm probably not in as good of shape as I think. Thanks for reading.

• gunner65 Rookie 57 posts since
    Jan 13, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 18, 2008 6:53 AM (in response to is missing)
    Re: new but not in bad shape

Welcome,

If you are not sure try the  C25K program and start at week 5.  The end of that week is a continuous 20 min or 2 mile run.  If that is easy enough for you the you can carry on with the rest of the program.  If not drop back a few weeks and work your way up.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...