Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1727 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2008 8:00 PM by jggillette RSS
Dux084 Rookie 2 posts since
Dec 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 23, 2008 6:18 PM

Garmin 305

Whats the best software for logging and mapping your runs? I have heard that the software provided by Garmin has outdated maps and you have to pay $100 for all of the benefits of the Motion Based site. I know there are some 3rd party programs (SportTracks, Mapmyrun.com) that can work with the 305 but probably have downsides as well. Any suggestions for the best one to use when I get my watch this week?

• hup027 Pro 258 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Mar 7, 2008 3:35 PM (in response to Dux084)
    Re: Garmin 305

SportTracks is a sweet piece of software.  It and Garmin Training Center were the ones that I used on Windows.  My main computer is a Mac, so I was overjoyed when I discovered a program called Ascent.  It's favorably comparable to SportTracks. 

I found MotionBased useful, but not worth the $$ to me.

hup

• jggillette Rookie 28 posts since
    Jun 9, 2004
    2. Mar 19, 2008 8:00 PM (in response to Dux084)
    Re: Garmin 305

I use SportTracks as well. Really nice program.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...