Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1831 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2008 11:53 AM by Jay Silvio
Terry4X4 Community Moderator 207 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 24, 2008 1:46 PM

2/24/08 16 Miles.... Indoors

I did get my run in this morning but I resorted to the treadmill.  It was nasty outdoors raining sideways.  And I keep thinking the last time I ran in the rain I came down sick.  16 miles all indoors.  Most miles I've ever run on a treadmill and the most miles logged since 1976.  Felt pretty strong through 12 but the last two miles was a little rough.  To keep it some what interesting I adjusted the speed every 1/2 mile doing ladders between 6.0 to 8.0.  Overall I averaged better than a 9 min mile which is my AMP (Anticipated Marathon Pace.)

• jenhirr Legend 314 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Feb 24, 2008 3:44 PM (in response to Terry4X4)
    Re: 2/24/08 16 Miles.... Indoors

Terry, that is impressive!!  And a little bit crazy.  How did you stay on the dread-mill for that long?  Teach me your secrets.

I just woke-up from my chocolate-chip cookie coma.  I have a little bit of an itch to ride my bike today.  I might eat another cookie and see if it that itch goes away. 

Good job!

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Feb 24, 2008 4:16 PM (in response to Terry4X4)

Sunny and about 50 degrees here in Maryland this afternoon (just two days after 30 degree freezing rain).  I put in an 8 mile recovery run.  I can still feel that my knee is tight (it's on the inside, so I don't think it's IT band), but it doesn't really cause any pain.  My hamstrings felt good again so I'm happy about that.  Today marks the 10 week countdown until the Frederick Marathon!

• lisa83044 Expert 63 posts since
    Jun 20, 2007
    3. Feb 24, 2008 5:41 PM (in response to Terry4X4)

Terry, WOW way to go! Running 16 inside that is nuts! I hate the treadmill, I think it is partly because I don't like to run a consistant pace....

mmmm...... chocolate chip cookies...... that sounds delicious Jen, I might have to make some tonight.

I haven't ran yet today, but I may still go out this evening because it is an amazingly nice day outside. 30 degrees and sunny, i was able to walk outside in just a t-shirt and flip-flops... funny how accustomed we get to the weather changes.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Lisa

• Dredog Pro 76 posts since
    Jan 12, 2008
    5. Feb 24, 2008 6:30 PM (in response to Terry4X4)

No REAL exercise for me today.  Just shopping.  Had a couple of gift cards left over from my bday that needed to be spent!!  Then I stopped by the running store and got some reflective stuff and a light for running in the dark so I wont get smooshed by a car.  That will help out alot.  AND of course they had some great new clothes there, so I had to pick up some new running shorts and shirts!!!!!  Left knee still feels crappy on the top of the knee cap so I dont mind skipping a day.  I have tomorrow off though, so it's on again tomorrow morining....

C-ya!

-A

• lisa83044 Expert 63 posts since
    Jun 20, 2007
    6. Feb 24, 2008 7:21 PM (in response to Dredog)

Jack and I went out for about one mile and he is getting the hang of heeling quite well so we ran the entire thing. It is a beautiful evening probably about 30degrees still. We had a little excitement out on our short run, about four houses down from ours the ambulance was out and and about five or six other first responder vehicles. I hope everyone in that house is okay.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

lisa

• DaveVause Community Moderator 1,447 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    7. Feb 25, 2008 2:15 AM (in response to Terry4X4)

Terry: Congrats on the 16 treadmill miles.  They can be mind-numbing!

Those of us in Maryland (Jay, too) enjoyed a nice sunny day.  Denise and I did our's at dawn.   It was a bit chillier: 25-30F.  Den did 3, I did 21. 

Really enjoyed the sun!

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    8. Feb 26, 2008 11:53 AM (in response to jenhirr)
    jenhirr wrote:

How did you stay on the dread-mill for that long?

It's all about having something exciting on TV or a good audio-book.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...