Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3920 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2008 8:48 AM by saraallent
spicegeek Community Moderator 2,563 posts since
Jan 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 26, 2008 3:47 PM

login broken again

error mesages

The Active Network

The system has recovered from an error.

A log of this error has been created.

We have created an error report in the system's event log to help us improve our system. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

NYC Marathon          Nov 1 2009     -   4:03:13 ( 9:17 mm )

NYC Half Marathon   Aug 16 2009   -   1:55:38 ( 8:49 mm )

1 mile -  7:07                             10K     - 52:58 ( 8:32 mm)

4 mile - 31:35 ( 7:53 mm)          8K      - 42:28 ( 8:32 mm)

15K -     1:22:02 ( 8:49 mm)

Find the Half Marathon Team on FACEBOOK

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    1. Feb 28, 2008 2:24 PM (in response to spicegeek)
    Re: login broken again

I replied on your other post, but when you get a chance let me know if this problem is still occurring and how many times you have had the problem. Thank you!

Sara

• beatfreq Rookie 168 posts since
    Jun 26, 2005
    2. Mar 4, 2008 10:26 AM (in response to saraallent)

I've been getting the same error screen for several days - whenever I try to log in. Just to post here, took half an hour of trying to log in from several different pages on active.com - it wasn't clear which attempt was successful, because of the feedback the system gives, I don't know immediately that I am actually logged in, so I keep trying again... but at some point, "Welcome, beatfreq" is displayed. So I know then.

This really has to be fixed - the community has become virtually read-only, with only the lucky or persistent people able to post. Nobody wants to go through all this trouble just to log in.

Edited To Add:

From reading the thread in the Active Transition group, I realize now that the first login attempt is probably successful...  I just don't know it, because when I navigate back to the screen I was on, it still has the "Log In To Reply" and "Log In" buttons displayed, as if I am not logged in.  If I hit refresh, or continue navigating to a few more screens, it seems to get rid of the "Log In" buttons.

Message was edited by: beatfreq

Oct 2, 2007
    3. Mar 5, 2008 9:40 AM (in response to beatfreq)

Hey! Thank you all for your feedback. I have good news! I received an email this morning and the login should be completely fixed. Please let me know if you are still having ANY problems with login. I appreciate your patience with this issue. Thank you!!

Sara

• kimber45caliber@yahoo.com Rookie 175 posts since
    Oct 20, 2007
    4. Jun 1, 2008 1:42 PM (in response to saraallent)

Took me 6 tries to log in today.  I had trouble logging in a couple of days ago too.  What's up with that?

Oct 2, 2007

Hey. What happened when you couldn't log in?

Sara

Oct 20, 2007
    6. Jun 9, 2008 9:26 AM (in response to saraallent)

It happened again yesterday.  I get the system error screen.  It seems I can only log on when I want to reply to a post.  I can't log on to the main page.  If I get a pm, I can't log into my account to read the pm.  I have to go to a thread, log on to reply and then go to my account.  Pain in the *ss!

Oct 2, 2007

Any and all information you can give me about this issue would be great. No one else has reported an issue like this so the developers will need all the info they can get. You can put it on this thread or email me at sara.allen@activenetwork.com. Thank you.

Sara

Oct 20, 2007
    8. Jun 16, 2008 6:25 AM (in response to saraallent)

Ok, it took me 3 tries to log in today.  This is what it said every time I tried to log in.

CAS is Unavailable

A general exception occurred while trying to access CAS. Please notify your system administrator

Oct 2, 2007

They are working on callback issues, which is the reason you are getting the CAS error, they just discovered in an upcoming release and hopefully that will be fixed soon.  Thank you for the information and for your patience. I know it is really annoying but we'll get it fixed asap. Thanks again!

Sara

Oct 20, 2007
    10. Aug 15, 2008 8:27 PM (in response to saraallent)

I could not log in last night.  I tried 3 different times and finally gave up.  This is the screen that kept occuring.  It said to click for more details.  I did but I can't remember what it said.

System Error

We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system. If you are a system administrator please click "more details" below for more information about this error.

Oct 2, 2007

That's annoying. Hum. Sorry about that. I'll send it over and see what the deal is. Let me know if it keeps happening. Thanks. I'll keep you posted on what I hear.

Sara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...